Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just read another "my GF used to hate when I carry but she's coming around" thread, so thought I'd start one of my own:p. Feel free to share any good stories you may have. Just curious how others' 'others' feel about this. My wife used to roll her eyes whenever I reached for my gun before we go out, but one night we were driving in downtown Portland, and came to a stop by a bus stop. There were some folks there waiting, obviously impatient, and when we rolled up I heard one say "man we should just take their car." My wife and I both heard this, just as a fairly large man turned toward us and said "this is a jacking, fool!" We made eye contact and we could both tell he was only playing around (idiot.) As we drove off, she laughed and said "boy he'd have been in for a surprise!" I could tell she was excited, but also obviously felt very safe, knowing I had my XD45. Your thoughts/experiences?

EDIT: Crap! Forgot to make it a poll, now it won't let me. Sorry. Any stories anyway? Advice on how to add a poll?:oops:

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
My wife could really care a less either way. She knows that it is the safe thing to do, though. Very supportive overall.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
My wife is "spot on" that I carry... and employees that I work with feel the same......

·
Premium Member
2,186 Posts
Where I go my XD45C goes with me. Everywhere in the house (except showers) and everywhere out in town (except where law prohibits). She looked at me like I was retarded until we watched a cracked out idiot try to break into the apartment, who's door is 20 feet away from ours, one night with our windows wide open and in full view of us. After he saw me and my XD he took off. For a short while she wanted to start carrying again(she has a permit) and didn't blame me for carrying. Now she's back to the complacent attitude and see's no reason for it.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
My g/f is extremely supportie and wants her own CCW. Normaly when we are out and she feels uncomfy, she will ask if I have my gun with me.

·
Registered
342 Posts
My wife to be in two weeks gets uncomfortable when i do not carry. When we leave the house she feels my side to make sure I am carrying my XD45c.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I carry. My wife carries. It is a non-issue.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I carry, fiancée does not..but she doesn't care

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
She doesn't care. They can't even own guns where she's from. Even if she did care that wouldn't stop me from carrying.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Wife appreciates that I am ready and willing to defend the family.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
She has "her" gun but does not carry. She is down with me carrying. She is planning on getting her CCW as well.

·
Premium Member
3,470 Posts
My wife is good with it. Never really be an issue.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My wife told me that if she found out that I was carrying while she was around she would throw it in the trash. I carry everywhere else when I'm alone where legal.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
My wife told me that if she found out that I was carrying while she was around she would throw it in the trash. I carry everywhere else when I'm alone where legal.
I would have serious issues with that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Mine dosen't even like the fact that I own a gun let alone that I would cary it, we have had mutiple shootings within 10 blocks and she still hates the fact that I have a gun in the house, I had it out with me the other night and she told me to put it away WTF? I am not going to sit around and wait for someone to assualt me before I make a point to carry or to have it near me to portect myself or loved ones. my woman just needs to get over it!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
My wife also has the attitude that it's not necessary but does not say a word, she was alittle more vocal when i started to roll my own

1 - 20 of 65 Posts