Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My only experience with CZ is the 75B fullsize and 75B compact, both in 9mm. Both are ergonomically perfect for me and very accurate. CZ makes exceptional weapons and I've fondled the P07 Duty, but never fired it. It feels great in the hand like all CZ's.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I've owned both. The CZ P07 has some strong attributes that I like.

The slide/frame fitment and higher grip allowance is nice and reduces felt recoil.

I find the grip length to be perfect if needing a shorter grip. I do not like the XD or XDM C or SC grips because I cannot get a full firing grip on the gun and the short grip reduces ammo capacity. The shorter grip offers no concealment advantage to me because of the cant and position of my holster.
The grip on the Po7 is shorter, but still allows a full firing grip and holds 16 rounds of 9mm.

I like the gun in SA mode, but the factory safety doesn't allow my short thumbs to disengage it during the draw without altering my firing grip. I built up and lengthened the factory safety with dental material, reshaped and repainted.
It worked nice then.
Pics of the safety: (Factory)

Reworked:

A fiber-optic front sight is available for the P07, which would be my preference.

The Omega trigger isn't bad, but I'm spoiled on a nice custom trigger. No body seems to be making a kit for that.

It is a very robust, reliable and accurate shooter.

The PO7 would be the perfect CCH pistol to me if it had:
-a nice 1911 style thumb ride safety
-a nice custom SA trigger
-good sights

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was ready to purchase the CZ and was turned off by the fact that the rear sight paint was not fully square. It made me realize that CZ had not given their full attention to detail. I bought the XDm instead.

Still like the P-07, but I like 19 rounds of 9mm, more.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I've seen several XD's and XDM's over the last year that had the rear sights installed off to one side from the factory.

Easy fix. XDM 3.8 is still my daily carry...

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have both and and its tough call i mean all around pistol i go with CZ over XD because of the grip for my hand unless i add a hogue grip to the XD, but XDM is better than both lol, more robust and just better made IMO. The CZ shoots just as good for me as the XDM and love having a hammer, like the grips and feel better on the CZ but dont like how the slide fits into the frame, you cant get as positive of a grip to rack the slide as you can on the XD/XDM but its definitely a quality firearm for the price and im not getting rid of mine anytime soon. Got mine for $407 about 2 years ago, havent had one issue and thinking about putting the fiber optics on b/c the sights are basically white painted steel lol, does have some sharp edges so could snag if your doing ED carry but a good smith could round out friction points, Metaloy is one i ran it by and had no problem doing it just have a few other things going on that i need to take care of before i send her off. So IMO id choose my CZ over my XD but XDM over both lol. Another good thing for me is a positive feel everytime i pick up the CZ, no matter how i pick it up, its perfect everytime, dont need to rearrange my hands, but with XDM and XD i usually have to move a lil bit. Comes with plastic guide rod that i switched out with a solid steel one from Dons and made much better for recoil and total balance of firearm.
layz

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think i would also go with the CZ right out of the box it is the most accurate for me. Great gun overall. I also like the XD but the CZ just shoots better.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think the P-07 has one of the most comfortable grips ever made, period. I don't like the feel of the safety/decocker, but it works and it's easy to manipulate without also being easy to actuate accidentally. Really it's a toss-up. Handle both and see what works better for you.

The sights are OK, I'd probably get some cool CZ Custom sights thrown on there. But really, I'm excited about the P-08.
Critically, a new polymer with a higher glass content is being used, and the trigger guard is thicker (supported by the photos). Also, the P-08 has a longer grip and presumably higher-capacity magazines, although nothing is said about magazine interchangeability between the P-08 DUTY and 75-series pistols. P-07 magazines aren't, and CZ would benefit from letting people use the higher-capacity P-08 magazines with their P-07s--our bet is on this. The sights are purportedly metal now, and the gun has interchangeable backstraps.

There's some beveling at the muzzle of the slide and frame, a new style trigger, an accessory rail from here to forever, and even more cocking serrations. CZ is still going with the Omega trigger system, which allows the shooter to switch out the decocker for a manual safety. Availability'll likely be in both 9mm and .40 cal. And of course, lotsa different colors to pick from.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I'm hoping the new P07's also have the new stronger material in the frames and the interchangeable backstraps.

Someone on the CZ forum was talking about coming out with a new SA trigger for these guns. If they do, I'd probably have to buy another one, since the safety can be easily reworked to fit my shorter thumbs...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like both of mine, but I wanted a CZ 9mm for sometime. AQcademy had a good deal on the P07's and I wanted something a little lighter to carry than my XD 45. I hit anything I want with it and shoot it very well but it is a bit heavy to carry all the time. The P07 fits my SuperTuck like it was made for it which is nice I don't have to buy another CC holster. I like the fact of having decocker and manual safety options. I truly prefer a double action pistol for the safety aspect but have no quams about the safety on my XD either because it has a grip safety. The action on my P07 has smoothed up quite a bit, I can hit with it very well. The accuracy of this firearm is amazing! Now the sights are PLASTIC! But CZ offers many choices in steel sights on their website. Funny thing is I'm carrying my CZ P01 right now! With my Ruger LCR as a BUG! I like a little variety! Remember this line from Clint Smith: " One is none, two is one".

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i agree the p 07 for some reason is super accurate and really easy to shoot. I think its because the slide runs on the inside of the frame. why dont other brands do that?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this thread is long gone and old but having recently purchased a CZ clone... I do not understand for the life of me why you would want a DA/SA trigger? I have a CZ clone Canik Shark-C and I know it is not a P07 but I have handled a P07 and nearly bought one but the grip hurt my hand. it was too extreme. The ergonomics are great but if I am going to choose a gun on ergo I would choose a Steyr. But for defensive shooting or practice the CZ with custom trigger jobs aren't anything as nice as my PRP kits for my XD's or my standard factory Steyr.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've run over 500 rounds through the CZ 07 and I have to say that this thing is a winner. The trigger is as good and probably better as any polymer (out of the box) trigger available. The thing absolutely has not had a single failure of any kind. I've run handloads of varying charges and about every bullet weight along with several factory rounds, including WWB. It carries like a Glock 19.

I prefer a single action trigger (read 1911) and with the safety (rather than the decocker) installed the controls are very 1911-like.

I recommend this one. Its a great piece.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Better ergonomics for me, not that I have any real issues with the xdm line. The PO9 is out and would probably be czs answer to the fullsize xdm! They are also cheaper :beer::)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Can't say I know anything about the CZ PO-7. I do know I wouldn't trade my CZ PO-1 for any XD/XDM or Glock on the market. The CZPO-1 is the most comfortable pistol I've ever had in my hand and I shoot it like it is also.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts