Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question about how you store your magazines at home. I have tried several methods with the current being bins I purchased at Home Depot that look at like Akro bins and keep separate by caliber and model.

Has anyone out there got a great way to segregate the magazines and keep them neat?

Thanks for any ideas. :D

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
where do you guys usually find your ammo cans?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I bought all of mine at my local army surplus store

·
Registered
224 Posts
another vote for ammo cans. I found all mine at gunshows relatively cheap. Also if you buy bulk ammo from certain places they ship it in ammo cans

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Ammo cans.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I keep mine loaded, I have really never had an issue. I store mine in a mini tub in the bottom of my gun safe.

For handgun mags I have color coded stickers so I know which caliber they are. Green for .40 and Orange for 9mm. It works out pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I store mine on ammo cans and/or safe. With the exception of a couple of mags for dry firing, everything else is loaded with either defensive rounds or range rounds. To keep them fresh and dry, I put silica boxes on all the storage boxes and the safe.

With regard to ammo cans, +1 on surplus shops. I get me mine from a couple of places here in Houston and range between $9 - $12 for 50 Cal ammo cans, cheaper for the 30 cal.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Thanks for the ideas. Anyone have any specifics for XD mags?
Extra in night stand with weapon, quite a few in range bag loaded, and the rest in the safe all loaded.
I take that back, I have some for my girls walther p22 that are not loaded, and I keep them in the safe with her p22.

Keep them where you can get at them if needed. Be creative.

Stay Safe.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts