Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question about how you store your magazines at home. I have tried several methods with the current being bins I purchased at Home Depot that look at like Akro bins and keep separate by caliber and model.

Has anyone out there got a great way to segregate the magazines and keep them neat?

Thanks for any ideas. :D

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
where do you guys usually find your ammo cans?

·
Registered
463 Posts
I bought all of mine at my local army surplus store

·
Registered
668 Posts
Like everyone will tell ya: Army surplus stores or gun shows are the cheaper route :twisted: Online is where the shipping will kill you :shock::cry:

·
Registered
224 Posts
another vote for ammo cans. I found all mine at gunshows relatively cheap. Also if you buy bulk ammo from certain places they ship it in ammo cans

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
Ammo cans.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I keep mine loaded, I have really never had an issue. I store mine in a mini tub in the bottom of my gun safe.

For handgun mags I have color coded stickers so I know which caliber they are. Green for .40 and Orange for 9mm. It works out pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I store mine on ammo cans and/or safe. With the exception of a couple of mags for dry firing, everything else is loaded with either defensive rounds or range rounds. To keep them fresh and dry, I put silica boxes on all the storage boxes and the safe.

With regard to ammo cans, +1 on surplus shops. I get me mine from a couple of places here in Houston and range between $9 - $12 for 50 Cal ammo cans, cheaper for the 30 cal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The best place to buy ammo cans is cheaperthandirt.com. They always have them and most are either new or slightly used.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The best place to buy ammo cans is cheaperthandirt.com. They always have them and most are either new or slightly used.
Shipping is where they get you on this :evil:. I went to a gun show on the last day towards the end and got 5 50 cal ammo cans for 25 bucks :twisted: The guy just did not want to lug extra stuff to his van ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I need to get a few more ammo cans, but usually ammo cans, bandoleers or some tactical bags. Right now it seems like a 50/50 mix loaded and unloaded.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the ideas. Anyone have any specifics for XD mags?

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Always see tons of ammo cans at the gun show. 5-10$ each. They vary in condition.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Thanks for the ideas. Anyone have any specifics for XD mags?
Extra in night stand with weapon, quite a few in range bag loaded, and the rest in the safe all loaded.
I take that back, I have some for my girls walther p22 that are not loaded, and I keep them in the safe with her p22.

Keep them where you can get at them if needed. Be creative.

Stay Safe.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts