Using for Concealed Carry Are they bright enough

·
Registered
241 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Not enough options.

A couple of years ago I called them to ask about availability of the TG131CT sights for Colt 1911 pistols, the young lady I spoke to told me they were just about ready to ship them. I took my gun to my gunsmith, mounting them would involve some milling for the front sight, and he ordered the sights from Truglo, with a commitment from them of a couple of weeks until delivery.

Six weeks later I checked back and the sights had not been received yet. A call to Truglo revealed that they were not making, and were not going to make the TG131CT sights, and no suitable answer to why I had been told different. I told them then that I would make everyone I knew aware of their double dealing and false advertising, and I continue to do so.

A while back on this forum there was a discussion of Truglo's product and I made my usual statement about their trustworthiness, and one of the other forum members emailled them about my issue (I think it was pre-hack so I don't knwo if the old thread still exists) and Truglo stated, in writing, that they had never made or even advertised the sights I described, WHICH WOULD BE A LIE!!!!

Another forum member actually contributed an archived copy of Truglo's old web page which shows TG131CT clearly as one of the items they offer for sale. http://web.archive.org/web/20020803070012/www.truglosights.com/products/handgun/index.htm

Calls and emails to Truglo to ask them to explain this apparant dichotomy went unanswered.

So - not enough options, I think Truglo sights suck.

And then there are the sights that melted on people when they cleaned their guns.

Would you want to trust a company like that with something as important as reliable sighting of your defensive system?

Snake eater asked, in a previous post, if I was tenacious, and I would have to respond that I am indeed so.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not to split hairs here, Jim, but to be fair it seems that the sights themselves are not what you dislike about Tru-Glo, but their inherent lack of credibility. The sights may be fine products, but the business practices are what you find distasteful, right?

I own a set of Tru-Glo TFO's and like them. They are bright and clear and have never melted during a cleaning. They are not adjustable, however, which is a serious drawback in my book. I have never had any experience with the company themselves, so I can't comment on that.

I happen to agree, that any business that lies to its customers deserves to have their name dragged through the mud. I applaud your tenacity and wish that more people would share their experiences with businesses, both good and bad.

Thanks for sharing you insight.

·
Registered
823 Posts
icwtumn said:
Not to split hairs here, Jim, but to be fair it seems that the sights themselves are not what you dislike about Tru-Glo, but their inherent lack of credibility. The sights may be fine products, but the business practices are what you find distasteful, right?

I own a set of Tru-Glo TFO's and like them. They are bright and clear and have never melted during a cleaning. They are not adjustable, however, which is a serious drawback in my book. I have never had any experience with the company themselves, so I can't comment on that.

I happen to agree, that any business that lies to its customers deserves to have their name dragged through the mud. I applaud your tenacity and wish that more people would share their experiences with businesses, both good and bad.

Thanks for sharing you insight.
It's my opinion that a company that would practice business that way could hardly produce a quality product.

·
Registered
214 Posts
while i can not speak of dealing with the company itself since i went through a dealer, i can speak for the products durability and high level of quality. i have the green/green sig set on my service and all and all i am more impressed with this set of sights than any i have had before. for tritium combat sights, they boast not only incredible brightness in sun/low light/ and total darkness, but also high speed aquisition and accuracy. buy these sights, have them installed and adjusted by a pro gunsmith, and you will be grinning all the way to the range and back again.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Lumberjack98 said:
uh....not the right one for the XD?
Nope, it's a compatible Sig sight!

The problem is that the sight channel is cut only halfway down the dots. The sight picture literally had half of the front sight obscured by the rear sight.

TRUGLO has had QC problems on two sets of sights I received from them. I'm going to wait a little while before I buy a new set from them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts