Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you like the XML on your Service XD? Does it fit good? Look good? Most of all, work good? It appears that it was designed specifically for the sub-compact models. I'm looking for a great light for my Service .40

·
Registered
259 Posts
The XML works great on the service model and fits just right if you have the newer frame with 2 cross slots on the rail. With a service model you could use one of several more powerful Tac lights. The only reason I use the XL on my service model is beacause I already owned an XL for my SC.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just wanted to say i have the xml light and i love it. It is small and fits the gun nicely. Its really in proportion to the gun. Some of the others insight lights like the X3, M6 M6x are to bulky and i think look a little awkward. When shined at you in the dark the xml easliy makes you disoriented. If you were a burgular and that light was shined at your eyes in the dark it would be near impossible to fire a gun accurately. You really cant even look at it in the dark. It has 50 lumens - which isnt as much as the larger lights but, trust me it lights up a whole room perfectly and is very effective. well worth the money

·
Registered
143 Posts
I bought one from a member here and I like it, fits the XD40 service well, lights up the dark nicely, and is very easy to reach/operate. Great addition to the gun, IMO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the XML and use it on both my standard and subcompact. No complaints with either one. It does look a little funny on the standard but I only use it at night anyway.

·
Registered
539 Posts
if wat you are looking for a good light for your service, then perhaps you should consider some other ones other than the xml. i own a surefire x200 and i absolutely love it. it fits well on my xd service and is bright as hell. brighter i hear than the m3 according to some of th other members. its also a metal bosy as opposed to plastic and its an LED light so all around more likely to be durable. of course, this is no way in the same price range as the xml, but u said "a great light", and i'd say this fits the bill.

·
Registered
244 Posts
SA-XD9 said:
I have the XML and use it on both my standard and subcompact. No complaints with either one. It does look a little funny on the standard but I only use it at night anyway.
+1 But I think it looks funnier on the sub cuz it sticks out. with the service model, the light is flush with the slide

·
Registered
4 Posts
The XML light on my XD40 4" is great the only issues that ive had is finding a service holster and a off duty holster that will accomodate the XML since it is so new to the market place.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Out of curiousity what is everyone using as a holster for the xd with XML light? i had to get mine custom made because i couldnt find anything but generics

1 - 15 of 15 Posts