Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of selling a Milt Sparks Versa-Max holster for a 3" XD (1 1/2" belt loops) along with a mag holder and two 9mm SC mags? How does this work?

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
paypal or postal money order. I wait 7-10 days with all money orders in case of fraud.

·
Registered
580 Posts
is it common to pay before the items ship...or do you ship upon receipt of payment?

is it normal to ship then receive payment?

or do we do as we did in grade school...on the count of 3 do it at the same time???

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
NExd said:
paypal or postal money order. I wait 7-10 days with all money orders in case of fraud.
If my ebay seller (for my scope) holds my money order for 7 to 10 days before he ships I'm gonna go to Co. and kick his ass.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
c22m22c said:
is it common to pay before the items ship...or do you ship upon receipt of payment?

is it normal to ship then receive payment?

or do we do as we did in grade school...on the count of 3 do it at the same time???

pay then ship.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
one-eyed-fatman said:
NExd said:
If my ebay seller (for my scope) holds my money order for 7 to 10 days before he ships I'm gonna go to Co. and kick his ass.
I warn people I will accept MO only on that condition. Ive seen too many fake cashiers checks and MO. Otherwise item ships as soon as paypal payment is received.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
I use Pay-Pal for most on-line buying.. usually a transfer from checking, although I can use my Visa using Pay-Pal as well.. but it seems to me if I am going to use the VISA, then why use Pay-Pal? Plus, I don't really know what kind of buying protection you have if you use VISA and Pay-Pal together.. I am sure that Pay-Pal has a clause so that they aren't going to get stuck if the seller doesn't ship!

Raymond

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Captain Ray said:
I use Pay-Pal for most on-line buying.. usually a transfer from checking, although I can use my Visa using Pay-Pal as well.. but it seems to me if I am going to use the VISA, then why use Pay-Pal? Plus, I don't really know what kind of buying protection you have if you use VISA and Pay-Pal together.. I am sure that Pay-Pal has a clause so that they aren't going to get stuck if the seller doesn't ship!

Raymond

your post makes no sense. Your checking account is more vulernable if a person doesnt pay/ship than your visa card is.

And you use VISA because not everyone can process credit cards

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
My post makes plenty of sense.

The exchange of information between me and Pay-Pal is not transferred to the seller. The seller has no access to my checking account. If the seller doesn't ship, then I am screwed.. that's the way it goes.

Some people use Visa for their on-line transactions, but the seller can not process a credit card, so Pay-Pal processes the credit card transaction and deposits the money into the sellers checking account.

The problem with using your credit card and Pay-Pal, is that if you dispute a charge.. because the seller did not ship, Pay-Pal ain't going to pony up the money. If I use my VISA to buy directly from the seller, I can dispute the charge, and get my money back.

What don't you understand?

Raymond

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I just posted the stated items for sale in the Trading Post...
This thread is so confusing to skim through... and I think something in my brain just popped reading this.

Post post post post post. :)

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
NExd said:
one-eyed-fatman said:
NExd said:
I warn people I will accept MO only on that condition. Ive seen too many fake cashiers checks and MO. Otherwise item ships as soon as paypal payment is received.
The fake MO stuff ain't worth doing unless at least a few thousand dollars is involved.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
[TASF said:
Overkill]
I just posted the stated items for sale in the Trading Post...
This thread is so confusing to skim through... and I think something in my brain just popped reading this.

Post post post post post. :)
It's a good thing you had a shirt on your head to contain what popped.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow.. I have bought many guns online with money orders.. a couple over $1000 ,, never no problem with a waite except slow shipping on long guns.. If your going to keep it 7-10 days you might as well accept a personal check and save the dollar of so on the buyers end.. You can write a check naked but not buy a money order! Sorry.. I am tired.. What a strange thread..

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
With paypal you are protected and you get paid instantly.

The only money order I would use is a Postal. If someone sends a Postal money order and does not recieve the goods then you can sick the feds on them. I belive there is a $25K fine + a visit to the shower room with bubba for each offense. :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts