Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an XDM and am currently experimenting with rigs for it. Unfortunately, I wear a suit and tie to work everyday. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for it, but the gun is still noticeable even with the shirt tucked in. it doesn't print, but the bulge is visible. Anyone have any tips? I am considering some kind of shoulder rig to wear underneath my shirt. Anyone have any experience with wearing one of these with a business suit? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Just purchased an XDM and am currently experimenting with rigs for it. Unfortunately, I wear a suit and tie to work everyday. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck for it, but the gun is still noticeable even with the shirt tucked in. it doesn't print, but the bulge is visible. Anyone have any tips? I am considering some kind of shoulder rig to wear underneath my shirt. Anyone have any experience with wearing one of these with a business suit? Thanks in advance.

so the xd prints even with the jacket on?

i would stay away from a shoulder rig, because if you ever have to take your jacket off, then you will have to take the rig off as well

at least with the supertuck you will be able keep it at all times

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Are you trying to conceal under the shirt or the jacket?

Concealing under a suit coat is easy as pie.

IMO, any attempt at concealing under a shirt is gonna be fraught with lumps.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Are you trying to conceal under the shirt or the jacket?

Concealing under a suit coat is easy as pie.

IMO, any attempt at concealing under a shirt is gonna be fraught with lumps.

with a loose fitting shirt, crossbreed and my xd45 compact, this is done very easily. it could be that its the compact

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I take it by your screen name that you live in Florida...you don't ever ditch the jacket during the day? If so, a shoulder rig is going to present a problem for you.

Personally, I think you are going to have a rough time hiding that gun with a tucked in shirt in Florida. I think the best option at concealing an XDM in a business suit is to get a J-frame and carry it in your pocket ;)

·
Premium Member
4,842 Posts
What about those shirts with the pocket built in under the button up. Somebody did a thorough review on this site a while back.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
What about those shirts with the pocket built in under the button up. Somebody did a thorough review on this site a while back.
I'd like to read that review myself if you can track down a link to it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Galco "Skyops" works great for the XD, with shirt tucked in & tie, but I'm not sure if it's made for the XDm yet.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Steer clear of the shoulder holster. Get a really good quality IWB along the lines of a Milt Sparks VMII, TT Gunleather, HBE gunleather. They do an excellent job concealing. If you have a non-descript bulge, most people will assume it is a cell phone, PDA, etc.

ranburr

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you leave your jacket unbutton, OWB works as well as IWB
Your printing problems must be due to the buttonng up.

I had similar problems before and it is due to the fact that fancy suits are made with a V-cut to potray a figure like your stereotypical muscular guy with broad shoulders and a slim waist. so the waist is tight due to the cutting.

For buttoning up, there are 2 methods.

Method 1:
If you get suits that are straight cut which is more vertical cut without the clinch at the waist, that gives you room around your waist for IWB or OWB

Method 2:
Or if you are an odd size guy, example 53 (suit sizes are even numbered), wear a 54 suit instead of your 52 and you can IWB. OWB might not be possible. However if you are a 52, jumping to a 54 won't work cause it becomes too big to look nice in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts