Springfield XD Forum banner

How do you clean your brass for reloading?

• Chemical - Ultrasonic or washing

• Mechanical - Tumbler/vibrator

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how everyone cleaned their brass for reloading and why you chose that method?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Just a tumbler with a 50/50 mix of corn cob and walnut

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Medium walnut media, vibe for 6-8 hours. Nothing more required (.40, .45ACP, .44 mag, .308 Win)

Buy your walnut media from a local professional sandblaster, I paid $16 for 50 pounds of it years ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Crushed walnut hulls. Last batch was at Petsmart....Lizard Litter!

I use a vibrator type and let it run for ~24 hours. Probably excessive. I clean .38spl, .357mag, .357max, .44spl, .40S&W, .45ACP, .338-08, and .223.

BTB, I clean after I de-prime, resize and bell the case mouth, so I get the primer pocket clean also. Yes, I have to pick litter out of the flash hole, but I think it's worth it. Also, give me an extra inspection step. Of course, I'm not a high volume shooter (<1,000 a month) so it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I use a Lyman turbo tumbler with walnut &corn cob mix with Dillon Rapid Polish 290, it is an ammonia free case enhancer .I makes the cases smoother and shinier than just using media alone. I believe Midway sales it or you can contact dillon at 800-223-4570. No I don't work for them its just that this stuff works great for me.:twisted:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts