Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the XD(m) case, but with the gear-up promotion, I'm going to have 5 mags.

How is everyone carrying everything to the range? I love the mag storage in the stock case, I just wish there were three more of them.

(I did notice there was one more of them near the middle, already cut, just needed to pry out the foam.)

Looks like the foam is actually in two halves. Is there a way I can replace the left foam with blank and cut some more slots in it? Anyone got any other ideas?

(I use the speed loader, and I kind of want the holster and two mag holsters in case I ever start shooting competitively. Think I can fit everything if I grab some new foam and cut everything out again?)

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
range bag

·
Premium Member
127,154 Posts
I bought a large Stanley tool box at Lowes, one with wheels and a handle, and made it my range box. Since I compete in both IDPA and USPSA matches I need the extra space ...and something to sit on!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Holster on one left side, pistol in holster, mags in holder on right side. I didn't get the gear up deal, so I only have 3.

Case stays on the shelf in the garage.

Extra ammo goes in my range bag.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I really should have seen that coming. facepalm.
lol. if going to a range, for now i pack it all in a little flexible lunch box w/ arm strap my wife got from her work. usually we go out on property, so just put in back of jeep and open back hatch and shoot nearby

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Range bag.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The compact one will hold 3-4 pistols, like 6 boxes of ammo, hearing protection targets, 10 magizines, staple gun, targets, bunch of extra stuff lol Its literally all you need unless you are planning on shooting every gun you own that day. Its also currently on sale for $29.99 till the 30th I believe?

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
In a Car

Get a good range bag that way you can hold all of your stuff, glasses, hearing, snacks, water, cleaning wipes etc

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, after reading the review, it looks like the compact one is the one I need. Black is on backorder until Dec 17, though. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Turns out, I like the range bags better than being "that guy" that carries his xd case to the range. It is a nice case, though.

__
Zach

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
MidwayUSA competition range bag. Fits everything needed
+1

I have the competition and compact versions. When I'm just shooting a couple pistols which is most of the time I use the compact bag. Both are great! I love the OD green.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Have one of these for every pistol with several mags. These things are great the two big back pockets fit a 100rd MTM reloading box and seven mag pockets up front. Stuff three or four in the range bag and keeps everything orginized.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts