Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
I dunno about the adjustables. Mine are fixed on the sc40. I'm sure someone with more knowledge and less sarcasim will help ya out. Enjoy your pistol and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine, and several others on forums, was shooting low and left out of the box. Shoot from a sandbag or rest aiming as you would normally. If your sight picture and trigger control are good, you should start punching out a ragged hole somewhere on the target. Once you establish that point you can adjust your rear sight up/down or left/right as needed to move your point of impact.

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you're shooting at a commercial or club range, there might be a shooting bench or rest that will hold your gun for you to zero - ask the Range Officer or manager.

Then it's just a matter of finding out where your gun shoots, and making adjustments (small ones!!!!) until you get it where you want it.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I just got back from the range with mine after doing a PRP trigger kit. The 'low left' hasn't changed (as some say the trigger is the issue, or rather, that we're jerking it causing a low left hit).
My gun hits high (2-3") off a rest compared to two hand standing. YMMV.

Pick a distance, say, 10 yards. Put 5 rounds on your target (paper plates work for this). See where the 'mass' of shots is centered. You can do this several times, try different grip panels to see if makes a difference, different ammo, etc.

At some point if you do this all logically you'll have a consistent area where the shots group. IF it's not in the center of the target them move the rear sight so they are in the center.

Left/right should stay the same regardless of distance, but elevation may change - I"m dead on out to 10 yards, then the shots rise a bit as I move back, being a 4 inches high at 25 yards - at least with the ammo I'm using (handloads). I've heard people say they can be 8" off at 25 yards with some guns/ammo.

For most things this may not matter. I'll be competing in PPC so every inch matters and 1/2 the shots are made at 25 yards. I want my gun sighted at dead on at 10 yards and then as I move back I can hold so the sight is at 6 oclock on the target. It's easier to hold low than high (where you obscure the target).

Also, do you want the sights/target set so the sights are at 6 oclock on the target or over the target?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts