Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check out the PRP videos on you tube. You'll need a light hammer and a 3/32 punch (try Brownell's or your favorite shop). Takes about 5 minutes. You can get quality pins from PRP and other XD vendors.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
If you can get a roll pin punch go ahead and get it instead of a standard punch .

Also tap lightly from the bottom pushing the pin out the top of the slide. And when putting in the new one lightly tap it down from the top. Once its flush with the top, stop. You dont want to wedge the new pin in there. Hope all goes well!

Mine nearly broke inside because i used a normal punch instead of a roll pin punch, the punch went inside the pin and flared it out. If i would have been hitting it hard it would have had to be drilled out.

Good luck to ya!

·
Registered
342 Posts
The striker retainer pin on my XD45c just broke and became a problem after my last range trip. It was in several pieces and was causing the gun to jam intermittently. One of the pieces was riding in the channel of the striker. I removed most of the pin using a standard 3/32" punch which wasn't ideal but it got the job done. Part of the pin didn't come out until the striker was removed.

I shopped the different supporting vendors on here for the upgraded pins but ended up having Springfield Armory send me one. Seems like one of the upgraded pins was $2 but the shipping was going to be $8 or more. My first choice was the Powder River Precision pins but they come in three packs for about $15 shipped. I will probably upgrade the pin eventually when I can combine and order and save on the shipping cost. I called Springfield Armory yesterday and told them my pin was broke and they are sending a replacement out at no cost. They were very easy to deal with.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You can buy them from McMaster Carr for a lot cheaper but you have to purchase a bunch of them. They are metric coil pins . I think they are 3 mm x 16mm. Don't quote me on that dimension. You can research this site to find the exact size

1 - 5 of 5 Posts