Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just shot a rental 4" XD. The safety in the trigger is rather strongly sprung and requires a bit of force to pull back. When I shoot, it feels as if the trigger pushes my finger forward as the slide goes back. The trigger actually slaps my finger. Gets painful quickly.

Is this a sign of a worn recoil spring? I'm sure it has a *lot* of rounds through it. Any ideas? Maybe this is normal...

Thanks,
Paul

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Many first time users have mentioned "trigger slap", but the feeling seems to go away after time. Some mention specifically the trigger safety as being sharp and smoothing the edges off helps. I think that it is a first time thing and that you quickly toughen up to it. No one mentions it as a on-going problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don said:
Many first time users have mentioned "trigger slap", but the feeling seems to go away after time. Some mention specifically the trigger safety as being sharp and smoothing the edges off helps. I think that it is a first time thing and that you quickly toughen up to it. No one mentions it as a on-going problem.
Thanks Don!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts