Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that I can improve the smoothness of the trigger pull by polishing those areas in the linkage that come in contact w/each other. How do I go about doing that? Do I use a dremel and, if so, what wheel and which polish do I use? Also, do I polish to a mirror finish or just a smooth finish? Are there any specific instructions preferably w/pictures that shows what needs to be polished?

Thanks in advance.

Fred Berry

·
Registered
42 Posts
Greetings

I actually just finished a proyect on a XD 9SC, and it completely improved the trigger by heaving it polished. I also added a PRP Trigger Kit and Over Travel Stop while I had her completely apart.

I used a Dremel with some metal polish, for the rest of the parts, just a smooth finish will make a hell of a differenced compared to stock.

The PRP Kit was only $60+ so its a great improovement if you up for that.

I found a very nice post on you tube on disasembling the gun to pieces, just do a search on springfield xd, there is a guy who has like 12 videos step by step, really easy to follow up.

Heres a few pics after the trigger Job, I would say the total pull on it is about 1/4 of a inch compared to about 1/2 from the factory, and its about a 3 pound spring, not bad if you do a lot of repetitive shooting.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Flitz metal polish on a Q-tip can be used to polish the parts that move against each other. Plus, you are very unlikely to remove enough metal to cause problems.

·
Premium Member
127,072 Posts
It's alive!!! :shock: The necro thread!

·
Registered
22,569 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,647 Posts
It's alive!!! :shock: The necro thread!
I think the 'SIMILAR THREADS' at the bottom of the page may have something to do with the recent up-tick in 'Nero threads'. :shock:

·
Premium Member
8,308 Posts
The zombie apocalypse has begun.....:shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts