Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
The serial numbers are not entirely sequential so not much help. The envelope with the fired cartridge case provided with every SA pistol has the best date. European date format which I think is day / month / year. That was when assembly was completed and the pistol was test fired and signed-off by the tester.
After that it gets stored until shipped to SA. Sits at SA warehouse until some distributor orders it. The date provided by SA is this 'first sold' date (month / year). If the dealer sent in the fired case (some states) or threw it away, sometimes the FFL sale paper work will have a manufactured date listed. Or you bought a used pistol then SA's first sold date is as close as you can get. Most are within a few months of the manufactured date, but sometimes a gun may sit at SA for a longer time before sold.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
So what is the point of the fired case? Do they give the bullet to the FBI or something like that so they can match it up if a crime is committed?
The bullets are not saved....

The cases are for Quality control, the gun fires so it passes.

The case are included for a handful of cities that require them. I believe New York and Chicago and a few others take the cases when the gun is sold. Supposedly they can use those to identify the gun if used in a crime, though I have an issue with the reliabilty of case testing. Sure, a spent casing @ a crime scene can tell you what kind of gun, but I highly doubt one XD9 makes a different mark than another XD9........

·
Registered
107 Posts
I e-mailed Springfield this morning at 10:25 a.m. EST to find out the manufacturing date on the XD40sc I just purchased. Within 15 minutes, I received a response from Trisha in their sales department that it has a "born on date" of January 10th, 2011.

Now that folks, is customer service.

·
Registered
141 Posts
they remelt the lead from the bullet to make an aliens anal probe. Once they sneak your body into Area 51 they plug your piece of brass into the probe and insert it up your rectum. :twisted:

DING DING DING.... We have a winner... funniest post I have read in a long time...:D

Outdoorsman1

·
Registered
181 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
The 4.5 XDM 40 cal with the accessories I just traded for has a card that says mine is one of the first 5.000 produced, which I thought was pretty cool...:cool: Hope to shoot it this week sometime just got it Saturday

1 - 20 of 91 Posts