Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, dumb questions, but I still haven't found the answer.

After going to multiple gunshops and asking for Federal HST, MOST handed me hydrashok. The guy at Sportsman at least knew what it was, and told me he couldn't get it.

I would really like to test this stuff, but I can't find it. Is this HST? ---> Ammunition To Go : 50rds - 40 S&W Federal LE Tactical Bonded 155gr. HP Ammo [LE40T2] - $26.95

Is there a part number that defines something as HST? Thanks for playing along.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
+1 for the Ranger series....That's what I keep in my carry guns.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Since HST is supposed to be a restricted sale item most Federal Dealers will have never heard of it since it is not in their catalog.

Then there are dealers like John at ATG and myself who do not play by Federal's rules. ;) Before anyone askes I also sold out of the Federal 40 cal a few days ago.

The boxes are clearly marked as to what they have in it. Also the product number tells the story.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
HST is currently a law enforcement round. It's not available in civilian packaging. You may find it hard to buy it over the counter in normal avenues. Best place to get it would be through mail order.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The HST is a different round from the Federal Tactical bonded, and is usually a little bit cheaper as well, though harder to find. I found some .40 180gr HST available last night on one of the internet sights (either ammunitiontogo or tactical defense solutions... I don't remember which). I haven't been able to find any of the 165gr .40 HST in a while, though I did pick up some 155gr .40 HST from TDS a few weeks ago.

Good luck,
Alchemist77

1 - 9 of 9 Posts