Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I ordered Don's rod for my XD40 and forgot the spring. Had to order that today. And I am willing to bet he shipped my rod sometime today so now I probably gotta wait an additional day for the spring.

BTW I got the 22lb spring since that seems to be the popular choice.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
on the list of various forums is this one

http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=8e1719cbbbd0c5b2ee37c9c49d018b87

(Don's Guide Rod Forum)

Don may have been able to help you directly if you contacted him. OR if you had put "Don's Guide Rod" on the subject line for this post, maybe Don would have noticed it and combined your order?

Just some pointers :) Good luck with the new rod and spring.

Shoot safe, have fun.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just remember that an increase in spring rate,while slowing down the rearward velocity,will cause an increase in forward velocity. Most of todays polymer frame pistols are designed to handle increased rearward velocity due to the inherent "flex" of the polymer, however, broken parts, etc. can be the result of too much forward velocity.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last night I took some polish that I got from my dad he uses on his Chromed out Motorcylce to use on my slightly has any chrome at all. Anyway not haveing anything else I polished the hood and the slide release as well as the take down pin. Made it look real shiny like black chrome, But yea it did take down some of the blueing. But I got some sealer I am gonna try that should help with rust

1 - 5 of 5 Posts