loose rear sights

• happened to me

• has not happened to me

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i picked up my xd9 sc yesterday fed it 150 trouble free rounds im very pleased.

today i get home and i feed it 139 more then i look at the sight as im about to shoot load and shoot the next mag, its almost falling off the gun.

so its an easy fix but im still annoyed about it springfield will get a call i will not ship it back to them for repairs huge hassel i dont want to deal with.

go back to the shop get another permit when it returns ect. ect.

i would also like to add i have not dropped accidently or on purpose or abused the gun in any way.

·
Registered
454 Posts
They would only want the slide and you send it via post office. No FFL paperwork required. Sounds like someone forgot to put a drop of loctite on the sight. I think I did see a post awhile back about this happening to someone but I think it may have been a after market sight that came loose, not sure.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was so annoyed i didnt even think i could just send the slide lol.

i hear they have awesome service and maybe i just will send it to them but i duno, its a change to say the least, my kimber i have destoryed a punch on trying to budge the sights, then this one just slips around.

thanks for the help

its a very fine weapon and ill just have to put even more ammo through it before i carry it now hehe.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Its weird because most people complain about destroying brass punches and having to use 2 pound BFH's to get these sight loose. I beleive there is a special loctite you can use to lock that sight down . Make sure you align it with the 2 lines that are in the sight channel.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, maybe ill just go ahead and purchase that sight upgrade i was thinking about while its easy to remove.

·
Registered
182 Posts
TomSwift said:
When I got my XD-9SC about 18 months ago the front sight was the one that was loose. The rear sight on both my 9mm and .40 service feel like they are welded in place. I know several others around here that have had front sight problems.
My XD9SC front sight also became loose in the first 300 rounds or so. Blue locktite solved my problem.
-hype

·
Registered
325 Posts
My SC had a loose rear sight when I got it. It has the factory heinies on it. The bottom of the sight had to be dinged before it would stay put even with loctite. Now it is fine.

·
Registered
231 Posts
creepyrat said:
lol, maybe ill just go ahead and purchase that sight upgrade i was thinking about while its easy to remove.
Now here is smart person! Most of us fight like hell to get that sight out for a change-over. Take advantage of the situation and put some killer night sights on that puppy. You'll never regret it.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
TADA! Please take note. Everyone who says the sights have be removed right to left.... please note in creepyrat's picture that they are moving LEFT to RIGHT. I knew that the dovetail had to be symmetrical and this picture proves it. There is no reason the sights can't be moved in either direction.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Wish mine would have came loose that easy.I thought i was gonna wear out a hammer along with my brass punch.I'm dead serious i thought i was gonna have to have it milled out.Then i would have been pissed.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Interesting, I never had a problem and I owned three XDs so far. I had my sights switched over onmy XD-9 Service to AmeriGlo Tritium when Pistol-Gear had teh group purchase. Very happy. :D

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Here is mine from several months ago.

Mine came loose from left to right as stated above, but it would wiggle out both ways no problem. After cleaning out the dovetail with gunscrubber, I used the blue guntite (locktite) and had no problems since.
This problem was only on my XD-9 V-10 Service Model. So far with my Tactical, there have been no problems at all.
It's annoying to have this happen, but overall the XD line is still miles ahead of the game. I like em :p

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
creepyrat said:
Most of the after market sights have an Allen which helps them stay put.I had to file down my last one I had to install. :shock:
I just removed them to send my sub to [email protected] creek.And had to put the slide in the freezer to get them off and still bent a steel punch :evil:
Finally having tfo's put in buy rich [Tritium fiber optic]I looked at them and they look awesome.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TFO's sound pretty cool, i have been looking at some, i reinstalled the rear sight last night with some blue loctight as i had to take it in for the michigan "inspection" procedure says im supposed to do the test but they take my gun in the back every time and i dont see it for a good 5 minutes then they ask me for they key to the lock lol.

then they do what they do, not quite sure what it is anymore but im very curious.

but my dad picked up a sc today since he likes mine so much. 2 in the famly now im thinking about a tac.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Welcome to the XD addiction. Enjoy the buzz!!! My dad also went out and bought an XD sevice after shooting mine awhile back and now he is talking about the SC as he is considering getting a CCW permit. The XD gets most everyone who trys one.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
creepyrat said:
TFO's sound pretty cool, i have been looking at some, i reinstalled the rear sight last night with some blue loctight as i had to take it in for the michigan "inspection" procedure says im supposed to do the test but they take my gun in the back every time and i dont see it for a good 5 minutes then they ask me for they key to the lock lol.

then they do what they do, not quite sure what it is anymore but im very curious.

but my dad picked up a sc today since he likes mine so much. 2 in the famly now im thinking about a tac.
Where about's do you live?
I live in ionia county you go to the sheriff's office and she records the serial number and jams a dowl up the barrel to check length and your done :shock:
I live between Grand rapids and lansing 8)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i live in osceola county so its the reed city sd that has the odd practices about 45, 50 miles from GR

well i took a look at my dads sc today, apparently the gunshop guy was a friggen moron he got a service model instead. my dad never realy looked at the gun after they broght it up from the back, not to smooth on his part either but hell, im buying the service model from him now, i was gona buy one sooner or later anyways. then he can get the SC for his CHL gun like he wanted.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I carried my service for a year and a half. :D
One of the first upgrades should be a Don's guide rod and then Rich's trigger. I mainly use my for shooting matches and practice Silver bullet indoor range is aw some for winter shooting.Been trying to find a id-pa ipcs league near me.No luck yet but I herd Caledonia might have one.
What are they going for now bought my service and sub at MC sports on 28th street 389=service 419=sub with the gear kit in January

1 - 20 of 33 Posts