Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can you do this to a good working lamp?

Welcome back.
Here is the story:
Flashlights are of great aid in case of emergency.
That is, when they have batteries and they re in good working order and mainly, if we can find them!
Right?

Well, we are going to try to address the later with the use of our Glow-On Super Phosphorescent.

First we have a couple of lamps like this UV lamp which works great in the dark and it doesn't negate your natural night vision:

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We've decided to use the glow paint inside, on the reflector piece, so it will charge easily while at the same time is clearly visible.
So the first thing is to pull apart the lamp so we can access the reflector part:

In this case the reflector is a flat piece, it could just be a cone like the other lamps. It really doesn't matter the shape.

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This procedure should work on about any type of handheld flashlight, there might be exceptions, there always are exceptions..
So, we pull the LEDs and the reflector so we can apply the paint.

And to make things simpler we use a simple dot pattern over the reflector. it doesn't have to be anything fancy, we are doing it for effect at this time.
H
ere is the reflector with the pant already.

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So basically now, we turn the switch on for a few seconds, we turn it off and now we can find the lamp in he dark. for hours, all night long.....

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now.....
I mentioned earlier this could be done with about any type of reflector so here you are, a different type of lamp but,same technique basically:

-First pull the lamp apart to have access to the reflector.
-Apply the paint over it, a few dots or lines, remember the reflector has a function and some of the surface should remain untouched.
-Put the lamp together.
-To activate the glow just turn the light on and then off, you are ready to go.

Frankly if one goes to a picnic this fix should come handy.
One time my friends and I went mountain climbing, we got a rest place near a lake and then we tried to put a tent together.
We did it on top of an ant hill !!!!!!!
We couldn't even find matches or anything else at this point.....

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Arborigine said:
That was fun, but sometimes I may want to turn off my light and fade into the darkness. How does this stuff hold up in permanent outdoor use? I may want to pinstripe my quad and skiploader before snow plowing time arrives.
Yes, there's that....If I want to remain invisible this enhancement is not a good choice.
The type of emergency we are talking from a simple blackout to an earthquake, tornado, etc.
Can't have just one, however I've been testing the UV light potential as a tactical lamp and it works great once one can re-learn to see under that frequency.
At the same time the sights are incredibly visible under that lamp.

I have reflective decals on my trailers and bobcat, I want to be as visible as I can be even from a block away so people can take precautions, got them at the Auto zone.
Ha, I even put it on top of them, just in case....You know , one can fall into a ditch and an air patrol can find one's position in the dark.

But for this piece I use Glow-On of course

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And yeah.. after it dries it's basically synthetic cement which glows. If you prep the surface before the application, it should work for you.
I applied a few dabs on my riding lawnmower three years ago and it's still there.

·
Premium Member
5,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ccw9mm said:
Hm. I wonder if putting a few drops or rings around the bird feeders will (in season) attract more birds. Or, maybe it'll just bring the moths out, at night. Have seen hummingbirds and some others zipping around in the dim light. I wonder if it would be more of a draw, with the stuff.
There's only one way to know, PM name and address and I'll gladly ship a vial and then you tell us how it works.
We constantly try new applications, Glow-On users always come with the best ideas.

By the way he examples below I had to rub the original adhesive film off he glow film and used shoe glue for extreme adherence.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

1 - 19 of 19 Posts