Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just need some advise on these orange rear sights, got a set of Meprolight green/orange for my XD45c, and the rear orange seems to be very weak and pale, I expected them to be a bit dimmer than green and yellow, but these seem almost ridiculously dim. Anyone have any experience with these or similar sights? I wanted some opinions before I decided whether or not to send em back for inspection, after all, I could just be crazy :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Don't have that brand, but would guess about 1/2 as bright as greens. Just wondering, did you allow full time for your eyes to night vision adapt or was this just after turning off a lamp / stepping outside at night?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I have them, on my Kimber and the glow keeps my wife awake as it rests on the closet upper shelf.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
The orange is dimmer than the Green, and yellow is even dimmer than orange.

Give it a couple days and see if the glow goes completely away. If who ever put them on for you broke the rear the gas will have escaped within a week of the install and they wont glow at all. If they stay the same dim brightness but glow then they are just dim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts