Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a xd compact .45acp and went to pick it up on friday and the shop owner told me merry xmas, beings my dad had already paid for it without me knowing. then he zip striped the case shut and said my dad called and said its a xmas present and cant shoot it till xmas day. so for the last few days it has been in my safe with 2 boxes of shells and new blackhawk cqc holster just waiting to be shot. my dads version of a joke.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Let's see...you wait 48 hours and save several hundred dollars of your own money....it sounds pretty freakin' awesome to me!!! :shock:

A tip of the hat to your father.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
I ordered a xd compact .45acp and went to pick it up on friday and the shop owner told me merry xmas, beings my dad had already paid for it without me knowing. then he zip striped the case shut and said my dad called and said its a xmas present and cant shoot it till xmas day. so for the last few days it has been in my safe with 2 boxes of shells and new blackhawk cqc holster just waiting to be shot. my dads version of a joke.
A small price to pay. Lemme see. He raised you, taught you, put up with you, kept a roof over your head, and then bought you a new pistol? He does a good job of showing through actions!!! Congrats and merry Christmas.

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
My old man would have plastic welded the case shut, so I could struggle forever to get it open Christmas Morning. Congrats on a new pistol and saving some money.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for sharing your story with us. You're very blessed to have a Dad like that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you don't have a back-up right now, just open it. Tell your dad it's for your own safety as Christmas bring out embolden crooks. And you had to shoot a few hundred rounds through it to break it in properly. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Merry Christmas, Now go buy your dad something awesome for Christmas with the money he saved you. Seems you have a great dad.

·
Premium Member
127,757 Posts
It sounds like a "straw purchase" to me. Now the Feds are going to be looking for you! ;)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
WOW!!! Very nice, man. I wish I could convince some of my family members to give me those kinds of Christmas presents (and Birthdays, and...well, you get the idea).

Enjoy your new XD45c and Merry Christmas!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts