Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my Texas CHL, and I have never CC'd before, I always just assumed that I would use an IWB Holster worn near the small of the back, about the 5 o'clock position. Of course now that I am closer to buying a pistol for CC and a holster, I am not sure of the correct way to carry. I know that everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another. I was hoping that maybe some of you might post some pics of how you CC. I'm not meaning a picture of you with you piece concealed, but rather a pic of your pistol and holster exposed so that I may how real folks carry everyday... Thanks!

·
21,870 Posts
Back when I had my XD.
Its a Galeco holster and Belt.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, here's my issue, when I think of carrying, I think the pistol should be turned around, and when I reach for it, the back of my hand faces my body, the way you show, my palm would be facing my body... am I wrong in my thinking or are both methods acceptable? Keep in mind that I have never CC'd...

·
21,870 Posts
Okay, here's my issue, when I think of carrying, I think the pistol should be turned around, and when I reach for it, the back of my hand faces my body, the way you show, my palm would be facing my body... am I wrong in my thinking or are both methods acceptable? Keep in mind that I have never CC'd...
Well think about it. If you carry closer to the center of your back ( never do cause it will mess up your spine ) then I could see how you want palm out. How I carry (lefty, mirror shot ) is about 730 position. I have it tilted forward to an easier draw. If you want to draw so palm is out it makes it so that your elbow has to stick out far from the body. Makes you a bigger target and a slower draw time. Remember you need to be quick on the draw. Also by drawing with palm in you can keep the barrel away from your body. When you draw palm out there is a chance you will flag your leg or you have to swing the gun wide to make sure it clears your body. Also if someone bear hugs you, you are stronger palm in than palm out.

PS NEVER CROSS DRAW unless your in a car.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ArmyGuy45, I will have give that a shot, what you say makes sense! I need to make this works for me before I invest in a Crossbreed...

·
Registered
264 Posts
i carry in the same but opposite place as army guy..... :shock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts