Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read the long thread about promo mags for a 9mm but wondered if anyone knows turn around time for the 40 cal mags? I would assume that it's the same time frame.

Thanks,
P

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
yes it is about the same time frame. i went ahead & ordered 2 more from SA and paid for them. they said at least 2 wks, if i have not seen them call to ck on them. i was hoping they would go ahead & send them cause i ordered several more items & donated a $1 to the youth NRA. :)

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I don't know the turn around time but I would think it is slower with the XDM 9mm mags just for the fact that they are from the newest offering from SA. I would think that they would have more of a stock of mags for all the other XD versions, the .40 cal. included.

That being said..........I am sure they can only do so much with the people they have tasked to the job of sending/filling mag orders. I don't know how many XD's Springfield has sold during the promotion, but I assume it is gonna be a daunting task to get them filled and sent.

The good news is, the promotion is gonna end in four more days, so that should give them time to catch up on sending them, even considering that they will still have redemption forms coming in for a few more weeks since the guns just have to be purchased by the 15th of Jan.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Should I consider it strange and/or odd that I can go to a local store and buy extra mags for both XD and XD(m), but have to wait a LONG time to get them directly from the armory?

...just curious...

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
I received an e-mail notification saying my mags would take 8 weeks from 1-7-09
Me too. Funny thing is, I already had my mags for a few weeks when I got the e-mail.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Just got the phone with SA about my order and also my promo mags. He said that it would be at least 8wks on the promo mags and it would be a couple more wks. on my other order, that also had 2 more mags and several other items. Cant do anything but wait! :(

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess we should edit the original question and ask everyone to post the date they sent the form in and then the date they heard from S.A. with more info. I sent mine on 12/1/08 and haven't heard anything yet.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Should I consider it strange and/or odd that I can go to a local store and buy extra mags for both XD and XD(m), but have to wait a LONG time to get them directly from the armory?

...just curious...
Not strange, just good business. Springfield exists to make money so naturally the paying customer goes to the head of the line before the promo mag requests. If you order a couple of hundred mags as a retailer I bet you are put ahead of the 2-4 mag orders. It is better to piss off a couple of customers than the retailer who will sell your products to hundreds of Springfield owners. I know if I were purchasing magazines I would not want to wait behind a long line of freebie seekers. By the way, I too have submitted my form for the Gear Up promo. I only want to insure I have a spot somewhere in line for when they eventually ship the promo mags out and do not mind the long wait at all for something as good as the gear Up offer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought an XDM40 on Nov 10 and sent in the rebate form that day. I liked it so much that I bought an XDM9 on Dec 27 (mailed in form next day) On Jan 7, I received an email from Springfield saying they had received my rebate form and to allow 8 weeks for delivery. It did NOT say whether this was for my 40 or my 9. I called them today and she said they have been overwhelmed by this promo. They were still working on forms received in November. That means they may be running closer to 16 weeks.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Sent mine in for CA-legal 10 rounders in .45acp around Jan. 5th, and placed an order for two more mags (for a total of 6, including the ones that came with the gun) and a sticker online soon after. In my order, I put a message in that they could ship it all together if they wanted. Apparently they liked that idea and responded that I could expect it all within 30 days. :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered (mailed off for) my .40 mags on 12/4 and received them this past Sat 1/17. I got an email about a week before that saying that they just received my order and that it may take 4 to 6 weeks but it only took one week. Good luck

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I ordered (mailed off for) my .40 mags on 12/4 and received them this past Sat 1/17. I got an email about a week before that saying that they just received my order and that it may take 4 to 6 weeks but it only took one week. Good luck
Those are the promo mags? If so I'll have to contact SA. I sent mine in on 12/1 and haven't heard anything yet!

1 - 20 of 92 Posts