Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a handall on my XD9 SC and I cannot get it to stay put.

It keeps sliding around and ends up depressing the grip safety. Has anyone else had this problem or have a solution to it?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I had the same problem yesterday on my 40 4''. It rotated to the right and had the grip safety depressed. Let me know if you come up with a solution. I put mine on without any kind of heat or lube. Didn't think it would spin.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Try cutting up an old bicycle inner tube to
fit the grip of your machine. It works and
it is free from your local bicycle shop.
Problem solved.

Ed

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would suggest spraying brake parts cleaner on the grip and then sliding it on. I dont know for sure if it will damage the polymer frame (the cleaner) but once its on the grip shouldent move.
Us turbo guys use that for intercooler piping/silicone couplers and they are darn near impossible to get off.
Just an idea...I have never tried it but in theory I think it would work.....

I would guess that the brake parts cleaner would be fine on the frame as I have seen some people clean their weapons with it....

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
If you have an SC I highly recommend you look into the Pachmayer (sp?) grip.

I bought one from Ajames for my .40SC and I think Pistol Gear has them too.

It fit right on and I have not had a problem with it sliding at all....just a thought.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I wouldn't use break cleaner on the frame, or any part of the gun, that stuff will melt some types plastics :shock: . I use carb cleaner,and it's never hurt anything :) , them you might try silicone to hold the grip on, it should hold, and if you want to take it off it should peel off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the helpful tips. I don't know why I said it was a Hogue, I must have just been looking at them. It is actually a Pachmayr. I am going to give the silicone trick a try and see how that works. I just am not sure about the brake clean trick. I have used plenty of the stuff in over 20 years as an auto tech, but I don't know about spraying in on the frame of my new XD.

I was thinking grip tape under it to hold it still, but I think I like the silicone idea better. It just seems more positive.

·
Registered
265 Posts
One idea is to do what I did....install the side panels only of the rubber decal found on pistol-gear and then slide the pachmayers over the top. Took some heating but worked fine....too bad I ended up not liking the pachmayers after I noticed that it made my gun butt drag too much for my liking when carried concealed IWB. YMMV

·
Registered
116 Posts
A couple of the members here suggested that I use hairspray on my hogue when I was having this same problem. It works great, and it even washes off if you want to take the grip off of the frame later on

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Now that I know you use the Pachmayer I would recommend using regualar rubbing alcohol to wipe down the handle of the pistol and then put your grip on.

Mine slid around a bit until I did this....then it worked perfect!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
No problem. I figured that it was jut CLP and oil from my hands that was making it slick. I wiped it down with alcohol and it worked like a champ...glad I could help!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts