Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hogue Handal that I have on my xd keeps slipping up onto the grip safety, I am looking for ways to secure it in place. Super glue was the first thing that came to mind, but I didn't know if that was a bad idea. Has anybody else tried this? Does anybody have a better idea?

thanks
-Brian

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Sometimes when you install these grips, they get stretched and don't always come back. I would suggest that you fold the grip in half and put a few dabs of rubber cement along the fold. That will keep the grip in place, but not make it a permanent bond.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I tried the rubber cement trick and it didnt work. No matter how much rubber cement i used it would always slip. I ended up throwing mine away.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Hairspray works for me. Spray the inside of the grip with hairspray - make sure the gun's grip surface is free of oil and dirt, a little rubbing alcohol should take care of that. Insert the grip on the gun, let sit overnight. You should notice a difference.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
kraigster414 said:
Hairspray works for me. Spray the inside of the grip with hairspray - make sure the gun's grip surface is free of oil and dirt, a little rubbing alcohol should take care of that. Insert the grip on the gun, let sit overnight. You should notice a difference.
+1 for hairspray.

It works great for mountbike handle bar grips too. Makes it easy to slide the grip on while the hairspay is still wet and when it drys your grips won't move. Later if you take the grip off the hair spray cleans off relatively easy.

mcb

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Silentknight said:
Cool, thanks guys! I'll try the hairspray idea tonight
Of course if you had a tube grip on you wouldn't have to worry about any of this. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts