Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if this is a Holloween Joke or for real?? I recieved an email from Hornady with this advert and a video. But can't find anything on their website.

ZOMBIE MAX™ Ammunition and PROVEN Z-MAX™ Bullets
Be PREPARED – supply yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse with Zombie Max™ ammunition from Hornady®!
Loaded with PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets... yes, PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets (have you seen a Zombie?).
Make sure your "bug out bag" is ready with nothing but the best!

This is the video:
Introducing Zombie Max

Available calibers:
9MM LUGER
115gr
Z-MAX™40 S&W
165gr
Z-MAX™45 AUTO
185gr
Z-MAX™223 REM
55gr
Z-MAX™7.62x39
123gr
Z-MAX™308 WIN
168gr
Z-MAX™12 GA
00 BUCK
SHOT

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Does anybody know if this is a Holloween Joke or for real?? I recieved an email from Hornady with this advert and a video. But can't find anything on their website.

ZOMBIE MAX™ Ammunition and PROVEN Z-MAX™ BulletsBe PREPARED – supply yourself for the Zombie Apocalypse with Zombie Max™ ammunition from Hornady®! Loaded with PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets... yes, PROVEN Z-Max™ bullets (have you seen a Zombie?). Make sure your "bug out bag" is ready with nothing but the best!

This is the video:
Introducing Zombie Max

Available calibers:
9MM LUGER
115gr
Z-MAX™40 S&W
165gr
Z-MAX™45 AUTO
185gr
Z-MAX™223 REM
55gr
Z-MAX™7.62x39
123gr
Z-MAX™308 WIN
168gr
Z-MAX™12 GA
00 BUCK
SHOT
It looks like you can actually order this ammo from Midsouth Shooters Supply and many other sites, as well. Here's a link.
Midsouth Shooters Supply | Midsouth Shooters | Hornady Zombie Max Ammo

·
Registered
29,876 Posts
It's a joke.

Especially since the handgun ammo is their Critical Defense line with a different colored noseplug...and that was a joke to begin with.

Hornady just finally admitted it.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think, its a genius selling pitch lol. I have the critical defense rounds, i wanted more that way i could acutally fill up my two clips with them. So I'm probably going to get some for the hell of it. The way that 00 buck looks is awesome. But ill stick with my 45 acp. XDM :)

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
sold out! damnit! I was gonna order some but midwest shooters is out of everything!

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
So a guy I work with has a brother in law that works for Hornady....he is currently loading the zombie rounds now.

They are rumored to have a hotter charge than critical defense and have a nosler style insert only it will be nitro green instead of red....it is supposed to have a hotter primer too, but that seems odd to me

Oh well...atleast they are for real!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts