Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm at the local gun store and as the salesperson is ringing up a customer, he trys to sell him the "hottest ammo at the moment".

He shows him the Hornady T.A.P. ammo. As he's pushing the bullets specs and neat look, one thing stood out.
He says that one of the customers " blew the ass off a pig" :shock: with the Hornady T.A.P. ammo.
When I heard that I was like "damn" what a sales pitch, I've never had anyone try to push ammo like that before.

Has anyone used the T.A.P. before?

Nice visualization though. :twisted:

·
Registered
889 Posts
In my younger days I was working in a gun shop with this goof ball, and whenever someone would ask about what was a good round for stopping the bad guys in their tracks he would a tell story that was well known in this area, about a woman he had sold a Taurus model 85 38spl to, along with that a box of Eldorado Starfires, and them tell them how she went to her ex-husbands house on Halloween dressed like a trick or treater and when the ex's girlfriend opened the door she blew the girlfriends head almost clear off with one round, and then put the other 4 into the ex :shock: . She went to prisson, but they never did fire that nut jub, he must have had dirt on he owner, but that sales pitch worked almost all the time.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
tried it along with several others in my 10FLP Savage, could not get consistent sub-moa groups ended up with BH 168 BTHP

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The only way he "blew the ass off a pig" was if he was shooting T.A.P. artillery rounds...and I don't think they make those.

brad cook

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
DigMe said:
The only way he "blew the ass off a pig" was if he was shooting T.A.P. artillery rounds...and I don't think they make those.

brad cook
Maybe it was the 12 Gauge stuff, and a piglet? :lol:

·
Registered
163 Posts
i shoot the 9mm 147 gr and they are just as advertised. at the range very accurate and muzzle flash well i can't see any. i also shoot speer gold dots 124gr +p and they just as good at the range.
one thing that is awesome is hornady puts the velocity on the box for muzzle,50yrds and 100 yards.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
It's not available only to police. You can buy it too.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I've shot 8 rounds of it to make sure it fed and fired ok. I keep a mag of 12 ready just in case. It was accurate and fed w/ no problem. They were the 155 gr. I loaded the mags with wwb's first up to 8, then the last 4 on top were the TAP's. I did that twice, just to simulate full mags for first feeds, and that heavy spring pressure we're all so familiar with.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
I like that the case has a nice coating that does not tarnish and wont stick in the chamber. Oh there are two versions of tap ammo leo and civilian. The leo has brass cases the civilian has the smoke grey nickle case.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yobo97sc2 said:
i shoot the 9mm 147 gr and they are just as advertised. at the range very accurate and muzzle flash well i can't see any. i also shoot speer gold dots 124gr +p and they just as good at the range.
one thing that is awesome is hornady puts the velocity on the box for muzzle,50yrds and 100 yards.
I shot some in the dark the other night and was super impressed by the lack of muzzle flash -it was hardly existent! I have also done some informal testing for expansion and found my favorite bullet to be Speer's Gold Dot. Nice uniform expansion and it is a bonded bullet. I also shot some Gold Dot's in the dark that same night and although they weren't as good as the Hornady, they weren't bad as far as muzzle flash is concerned. Either way you have a great high quality bullet!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts