Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice. I'm just setting up my L-N-L and there is no directions on how deep to screw in the dies. I'm setting it up to load 45 ACP. How deep should I set the first die, the one that sizes and de-primes the case. Should the die go all the way to the bottom of the case? Advice on the rest of the dies including the powder station would really be appreciated!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I figured it out, but THANKS for all your help! One reason I don't visit this forum much any more!

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
I figured it out, but THANKS for all your help! One reason I don't visit this forum much any more!
Let me see if I have this right: You don't get an answer within, what, 48 minutes, and you're angry?

I've asked a lot of questions on this site and people have been tremendously helpful. There have been a few times in which I didn't have much help, but given the extreme helpfulness most of the time, I just assumed nobody who'd read the thread had an answer.

Meanwhile, for those of us who didn't necessarily know the answer, like me, and who is looking at buying a LNL progressive press, would you mind explaining how you figured it out?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I pull the handle so that the ram is all the way up. Then I screw on the die until it bottoms out. This is for the decapping/resizing die.
These instructions usually comes with the dies. If not, they can get found on the manufacturer's website.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not sure why the OP couldn't take two minutes and read the instruction manual that came with the die set. :roll:

Doesn't matter if it's an LNL, a Dillon or a single stage press. The size die setting is the same. The only difference is steel vs. carbide. The steel size dies can be adjusted to touch the shell plate and then a quarter turn or so more. Adjusting a carbide die more than just touching the shell plate, you run the risk of damaging the carbide ring at the bottom of the die. I'm sure there are exceptions to that rule, but the die mfg's instructions will explain how to adjust their dies.

I've found that I can read the manual and figure it out in less time than it takes to whine about forum members not doing it for me.:lol:

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Gee, sorry I took so long to answer. I did not even read this post because I have no experience with LNL! Better get a case gage and adjust your die so the case is sized to proper dimension. If you are bottomed out, there is a good chance that the shoulder is pushed back too far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts