Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Anyone had any problems with Hornady Crititical Duty 9mm 135 gr feeding? mine keeps catching on the feed ramp and i think its due to the rubber nose, so i cut it off... and some of them are still catching. i think im going to stray away for now but i would like to know if its just me.

·
Registered
29,827 Posts
It really doesn't matter if somebody else's gun works with it; the only thing that matters is yours doesn't.

Some guns don't like certain types of ammo; it would seem yours doesn't like CDuty.

Try something else.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Works fine for me in XDm 4.5, XDs 3.3, both in 9mm. I don't get why people with the same gun and ammo don't get the same results - I guess there can be just enough stacked variances in the many parts of a gun to cause this kind of thing for some people. I've actually had better reliability with Hornady's plastic-tipped hollow points than other hollow point ammo. YMMV.

As others have already noted, you really have to test your carry ammo, at least 200 rounds, to have much of an idea if it will run reliably. You can't do this just by running FMJ range ammo.

This topic keeps coming up a load these days - I personally suspect it's partly because Hornady is one of the few vendors whose high-quality ammo brands are reasonably available now. I've have had good results with the new Hornady ammo in a wide range of handguns. Thus I am glad they are able to make enough of their new Critical Duty and Critical Defense ammo for the many people who are having good results with both its reliability and terminal performance.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
pssst. Federal HST. Thou shall not want. :wink:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
On some firearms , the rubber tips do cause problems(they hung up on the ramp in my Walther PPS and my wife's 24/7 at times). Hornady recommends that you clip off any excess from the tip to prevents this( saw this a while back and yes it was from Hornady, dealing with problems from the Critical defense ammo). If you don't trust this fix, guess you have some more range ammo, that's how I got rid of my problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts