Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has/does use this ammo in their XD-S MOD.2. 45 ACP?

If so, did you have problems with FT Feed or any other issues with this ammo?

Thanks so much!

Greg

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has/does use this ammo in their XD-S MOD.2. 45 ACP?

If so, did you have problems with FT Feed or any other issues with this ammo?

Thanks so much!

Greg
Buy some
Shoot it in YOUR gun and decide IF it functions reliably and performs as you want.

I suggest buying/trying several brands/types of ammo in your weapon and deciding which you prefer.

Relying on internet opinions is not a way to choose ammo for a self defense weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
That’s what I do with my guns. I personally shoot Hornady in most of my pistols. I usually use Speer Gold dots for target shooting. For some reason most of them don’t care for Winchester or the cheap steel cased crap that’s out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I fired one full magazine of the Hornady Critical Defense through my Springfield Range Officer (1911) Compact .45 with no issues.
I have noted that the rear edges of several of the cartridge cases have gotten some burrs when I've cycled them through the gun without firing. I set those bullets aside for range use. (Of note, my XD9 has never done that to 9mm shells.)
Well, maybe not much help to you precisely, but I can at least attest these do go bang!!

·
Registered
29,539 Posts
That’s what I do with my guns. I personally shoot Hornady in most of my pistols. I usually use Speer Gold dots for target shooting. For some reason most of them don’t care for Winchester or the cheap steel cased crap that’s out there.

Waitaminnit.

You use GOLD DOTS, a premium defensive JHP for practice, and your wondering about a second-rate round like CritDef?

·
Registered
118 Posts
I’m not wondering about anything. I know that my pistols eat those rounds all day long. When I was a cop we would shoot Gold Speer all day long at the range. I then tried Hornady when ammo was hard to get and liked it also. That’s why I have no issues with either one.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
My 45 shield has been flawless with rd ball or jhp in every type/brand Ive ran in it. Steel alum or brass case as well.
Dont regularly run steel or alum but wanted to know it will function.

Why I teat any and all in any autoloader I own. Need to know JIC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts