Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Standing up printing isn't bad. But as you can tell sitting can be bad. I don't think the picture does enough justice but you get the idea. Any idea's on how i can keep that barrel from sticking out when sitting down? I've considered getting belt straps but idk if that will fix it or not. I'm carrying a Glock 22 in a Galco Miami Classic. Will be switching to the XDm 3.8 compact soon so that will help a bit.
$2011-08-13 23.20.59.jpg

$2011-08-13 23.21.21.jpg

$2011-08-13 23.21.43.jpg

$2011-08-13 23.22.28.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just bought a UTG shoulder holster, pretty similiar to yours. I'm a righty so my piece is under my left arm. I also have the same problem of printing when i sit....the only thing i can recommend, that i've tried is: no more sitting "hunched over", better posture when sitting and when standing, having my left hand in my pocket/hip causing my elbow to stick back, blocking a little bit of the barrel ( xD 40 SC). I'm also thinking that this could be more of a fall/winter type carry due to more clothing/bigger jacket. I've messed around w/ the belt straps too, too much to the front and the grip sticks out, too far back, the barrel sticks out- 3:00/9:00 was best for me.....Hope this helps...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hard to tell (dark shirt and dark holster)but you may be wearing it too low. I only wear it if I'm doing a lot of driving but in my experience the higher it is up in your armpit the better it conceals.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Post a picture of yourself wearing the shoulder rig over a white T-shirt so I can see if it is adjusted properly. I think Ragnar is probably on to something, but it's difficult to tell from the picture you posted with the blue shirt because the holster isn't showing up very well.

Switching to the Springer with the shorter Bbl may solve your seated issue with printing. You may not have the size to conceal the Glock 22. I carry a Sig P229 in a Miami Classic II and with it's shorter tube it doesn't print the way your Glock does, but it still feel's like I have a football tucked under my arm.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was able to put my Springfield XDM on my Galco Miami Classic wearing a smaller shirt than I did in the picture and it concealed without any problem. It was pretty much a matter of having a gun that was too long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts