Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was my 5th range visit with the XDS45 and I have yet to have a "failure to" anything but go bang. I've fed it various ammo and 7 different mags (both 5 &7rd) and it hasn't missed a beat. Just a great little gun.
Sorry to hear some aren't having the same experience.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great news, I'm waiting on mine and wonder if I should go right to the range with it when I get it or go home and really oil it up and run the trigger a few hundred times.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm a member of several different forums, both handgun and long gun, and it seems to me that the XD firearms don't get the respect that they're due. I own Glocks and Smiths and several XDs , and the XDs fit my hand better and are just as or more reliable than any of the other striker fired guns that I own. I CC a 9mm XDS and I would not carry it if I doubted its reliability in the least little bit. The gun needs some respect from the rest of the gun world! Just my opinion.:!:

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'm a member of several different forums, both handgun and long gun, and it seems to me that the XD firearms don't get the respect that they're due. I own Glocks and Smiths and several XDs , and the XDs fit my hand better and are just as or more reliable than any of the other striker fired guns that I own. I CC a 9mm XDS and I would not carry it if I doubted its reliability in the least little bit. The gun needs some respect from the rest of the gun world! Just my opinion.:!:
I totally agree with you.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great news, I'm waiting on mine and wonder if I should go right to the range with it when I get it or go home and really oil it up and run the trigger a few hundred times.
I highly recommend a field strip, cleaning and lube (careful to keep the striker channel dry), before shooting. JMO

·
Banned
0 Posts
The XD line is respected by everyone who isn't a fan boy of a certain company. It may work for some while not well for others. The XD fanboys are just as bad as the others. Guns are not one size fits all find what you shoot best and carry it.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Sorry to hear that you haven't had any problems :lol:

Just kidding. My Xds (.45) has been flawless, regardless of grip or ammo. I have had it for over a year. I enjoy shooting it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, I have Glocks, as well. Great guns. Carried a G27 until I vetted the XDS. Still carry it sometimes. Also love my 1911's. Only carry them on cold days with a coat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took it out again, today. Accurate at 15 yds,, too. And again, not a single hiccup. My thumb has developed a nodule at the base in the web, though. May need to get a shooting glove for the range.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Mine wasn't flawless out of the box - in fact, I was very disappointed. However SA fixed it (quickly) and my first range trip since getting it back has been a pleasure. Fun gun to shoot and very, very accurate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts