Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guess i might be having second thoughts on how my XDm turned out:confused:, can you guys give me some honest feed back ,1-10 rate and why please
-DPMS Green duracoat
-Sandpaper like perm. texture
-PRP Ultimate easy fit trigger kit.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm no good with numbers...with that said, I think the green on the grip might push it a bit over the edge. PRP kit was the best idea out of the three!

·
Registered
343 Posts
To each his own I guess. I'm not a fan of the green but that may just be me. The stipple job looks okay though. I'd say around 5 just because of the green. Definitely not for me but I've seen a lot worse.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Looks good man, my computer case is almost the same color. Hard to rate, looks great. 8?? Lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'll add that I think it's a really cool concept. I don't think I've seen anyone color the grip of an xdm before.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think its unique and personal, so its awesome! I would have done a different color but thats why it is so cool, its unique to you. I think it is very well done regaurdless of weather you like the color or not, I give it a 8 on cool factor. I put a PRP ultimate match trigger in mine and I LOVE it! so kudos

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you guys for all the fast support so far i really appreciate you guys input, and thank XD45Carrier, i was thinking just the fame but thatd be too plain jane, and i understand about the green, i love green not a FAN of FLDE, like 75% of the US, i dont live in a desert lol

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I'm kinda torn in my thoughts on this. At first look it appears really well done and looks really cool. With that said, I probably would not do that to my own gun, or buy one like it. But thats just me. I'm in the process of turning my all black AR into Black/OD green so i guess its kinda growing on me......

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Looks like the gun the Green Goblin would carry. Not my cup o tea, but it is well done.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
um, dude, overall it looks awful. Looks like a nice job on the slide.
The only opinion that matters one wit is YOURS and it sounds like you're not as pleased with it as you thought you would be.
I once painted my dirt bike rims red, it was an, er, "learning experience".

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I like the green... just not over the stipling... it looks like a different green than whats on the slide and strap given the texture difference, it looks darker and slightly out of place.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
From what I can see of the detail, the quality of the work appears to be fine. Color choice is 100% personal. If you are good with it, screw negative opinions.
Back in Oct 2003, I had one of the first Blazing Yellow FX4 F-150s in MD. Took a lot of flack - I still like it - my choice. Apparently some people followed my lead, lots of yellow trucks now, all makes.
You could always go camo from that base coat.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I will say that since it's your gun, your opinion is the one that matters. I do like it, though.

Great idea from Thumper to go camo. ;) :D

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
OP, my first reaction was a 4.... but then it grew on me a little. I actually think I like it now. I give it a 7. I like the concept a lot. If you want to change it up to make it less "in your face," get some extreme tactical gray duracoat and do all the green in that gray. That would be ssadab.

here is what extreme tactical gray duracoat looks like in real life:

·
Registered
50 Posts
the green is a little too ninja turtle-ish for me, but i like how you played with the accents here and there. i'd personally go with a darker shade of green so there isn't too much contrast, but just enough to show that it's customized.

props for doing something different though!

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I don't like that particular color of green, so I'd give it maybe a 3.

OD is the color I'd choose. (I agree with you on FDE, so that's one in your favor. Don't even get me started on the "urban camouflage" monstrosity.)

1 - 20 of 86 Posts