Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got the idea to make my own clip draw cause im too lazy to order/dont have the money to get a real holster or real clipdraw. and since i have a tennis racket grip and polished my barrel for under $10, this shouldnt come as a surprise to yall. all i did was cut off the end of a ball point pen (about 2 and a half inches) roughed up the underside, and superglued it to teh side of my xd. how long will it last? so far, 1 hour. lol. will it hold up to teh heat cause by firing? probly not. did i waste a perfectly good pen and 30 minutes of brainstorming? yes. but i live in america dammit!

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Thanks for the picture of your gut. I now feel hysterical blindness setting in! Hoping for it in fact.

Oh the horror!!!

LOL

Peace,
D.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
and what the heck is Under Armour? a macho version of depends or bullet proof undies? :shock:

Also I would have kept the pen intact so that you could use it to fill out a withdrawl slip at the bank. :shock:

(Have a good weekend and thanks for the few giggles :lol: )

·
Registered
166 Posts
I never thought I would see a ghetto version of an XD, but I guess you should never say never, right? I also like how you've mentioned that you're worried that you ruined a perfectly good pen. What about the finish on your XD??

If you're wearing Under Armor underwear (which, for those who don't know is a moisture-wicking material GREAT for working in the heat - it's WONDERFUL when I'm wearing my patrol belt in the summer heat) which is $15 per pair, you're obviously not THAT cheap.

If you're an inventive guy, great, best of luck to you, and it IS your XD to do to whatever you want. However, if you just want a good holster, invest the money and get yourself decent one. I mean, hey, what if your pen clip fails on you just when you need to draw most?

Either way, man, I've been through enough hell in combat zones without having to watch your gut and a poor, innocent XD being embarrassed like that.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
You might be a ******* if....

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I think I would have left the clicky thing operational, just to drive people crazy. When I'm doing the bills, I click away, and it clears the rest of the family out of the room.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Underarmor underwear... for those REALLY swamp-ass days.

·
Registered
386 Posts
:lol: Well it is Friday and I needed a good laugh. Not sure which was funnier the pic or reading what people have written. I would just get a holster, I don't think you want to pay for refinishing. Thanks for helping me have a good laugh, and I think I know you much better; seen your gut and now know what type of skippy's you wear. :lol:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
That's pretty hardcore, putting superglue on your slide. I mean, that's like supergluing something to your car. :shock: I took your ideas a step further and superglued my toothbrush to the slide. I always get nervous when brushing my teeth b/c my firing hand is occupied; what if someone were to break in right then? Would I be willing to trade my life for good oral hygiene? Not this cowboy. Now I'm prepared. I call it my SHTF toothbrush. I've also created a lipstick picatinny attachment for the dustcover rail, for female shooters. Be beautiful AND be prepared.

PS I wear underarmor for road marches. Works really well, chafes a lot less than going commando.

·
Registered
176 Posts
just out of curiosity, watcha got wrapped around the grip? is that some kind of wicked cool tactical-black grip tape, or is it some rubber bands? when i get sweaty palms from talk to a chick, its really hard to draw and fire (i usually try to impress them with my bravado), so i need some solutions for my grip...let me know...

·
Registered
22 Posts
This guy has the same amount of hear on his gut than my mother in law!That is by far the saddest thing ive ever seen doneto an XD. :(

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL thanks for all the comments fellas. yes teh underwear is expensive $12 a pair. but i wear it as a part of my uniform. underwear is #1 priority. the superglue does NOTHING to teh finish of teh xd. already tested it. THIS DEVICE IS NOT PERMANENT! i dont expect this to last. yes i will get teh real clipdraw as soon as i get the money. i would have already gotten it but i incurred medical expenses this month. so yeah, thsi was all for fun people. but i will use it untill it breaks. and ill let yall know when taht is. (expect a post later on tonite).

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Don't they have a gym where you work? You need to do some crunches my man, your life might depend on what condition you are in. Stay safe.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
retired said:
Don't they have a gym where you work? You need to do some crunches my man, your life might depend on what condition you are in. Stay safe.
LOL im in teh best shape ive ever been in. i used to weigh 195 and know im 150. im in excellent physical condition.

·
Banned
5,098 Posts
so you didn't go with the blue, no sweat tennis overwrap? How draws before you re-tape? Why don't you put a vibration dampner on it too?

That's hilarious stuff! I would never superglue to my gun. To each his own.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts