Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try it? Jantz Supply has lots of annealed steel bar stock in different grades and sizes. Looks simple enough to shape with file and grinder, then take to a local machine shop for heat treating. They have 5160, 1060, and 1095 steels that could be used to make swords for backyard dragon slaying.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I seen a movie with Tommy Lee Jones in it and he and this other guy made their own knifes out in the field. One was made of metal and the other from rock I think.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I tried to make a knife out of a piece of obsidian it ended up much smaller then I had originally planned but every bit as sharp as I have wanted. It was a blast till it went missing.

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
I seen a movie with Tommy Lee Jones in it and he and this other guy made their own knifes out in the field. One was made of metal and the other from rock I think.
What movie? Curious how they showed napping on TV.

Safety is a momentary choice. Prior performance and certification are completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
The Hunted. It was pretty cool. Benicio Del Toro was a spec ops guy who went off his rocker and was chasing hunters down in the woods of Oregon.

Jones was suppose to be his hand to hand instructor that taught blade skills.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts