Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took some 3M grip tape. Covered grip in masking tape. Then drew What I wanted. Transferred that to the back of the grip tape but in reverse. Cut it out and this is what I got.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Looks good. let us know how it holds up. Personally I didn't like the way tape peeled up in corners after a while. Opted for stippling.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Looks good, as good or better than something to purchase from a design specific manufacturer. Congrats.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It feels great. Talon is on to something. Lol guess I'm busted. But all I did was see if I liked it. I got in touch with Talon on the subject. Got them to send me a sample of the granulated and rubber style material. If I like the rubber ill order it. If not the other.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Stippling is the way to go!! Tried the griptape route, even used Superglue, kept coming off when I cleaned the frame. Not immediately but too soon for me. It does look very good though.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stippling is the way to go!! Tried the griptape route, even used Superglue, kept coming off when I cleaned the frame. Not immediately but too soon for me. It does look very good though.
I looked into this and I'm not in love with how it looks or the thought of something permanent like done to the frame.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now this will be a carry weapon and the grip tape may grab at my clothing so it will probly come off then. Talon sent me a sample of the rubber type grip but its not as grippy as the granulated. Talon recommended the rubber for a carry weapon. Will order it and give it a try I guess.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I've done a hybrid on my own carry gun. Sand grip on front strap. Some sand in the back. Rubber everywhere else.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts