Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I currently own 10 guns. 3 I gave to my father (as I inherited them and he like them, a .38 S&W Model 36, a Montgomery Ward 12ga pump shotty, and an Astra Cub .22short autopistol.)

The other 7:

Springfield XD40 Service, S&W Model 10, Ruger Mark II Gov't Competition Model, Remington 760 Gamemaster, Underwood M1 Carbine, Gamble stores Model 94 .22lr bolt action rifle, H&R 1906 10 shot .22 rimfire revolver.

A client and friend of the family walked into the office today and told me she's leaving me all of her guns in her will. She's 82. She told me that she had a 3 autopistols, a .25acp. .32acp, and a .380acp, a S&W .38 revolver, a 10 gauge pump shotty, and a few other guns she wasn't sure of the caliber that were her fathers.

So when the time comes, it looks like I'm gonna a need a multi-gun IWB holster.

I had no idea what to say other than thanks.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Pillow smothering? :shock:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I was gonna ask tongue-in-cheek "how's her health" but the "pillow smothering" comment made me snort iced tea all over the monitor.
Yeah I shouldn't have laughed either...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Good for her, making plans for what will happen to her things after she's gone. I see guns turn up in shops all the time that were left behind after someone's passing and the family had no interest in them. They usually sell them cheap to some shop that then puts them out at a high price as collectibles.
I plan, when I feel the time is right, on giving mine to whoever in the family wants them, whatever is left will be sold and I'll treat myself to some fine dining.
Hopefully, it will be many years from now.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Nice gun collection! too bad all my firearms got lost in a boating accident.:sad:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Nice gun collection! too bad all my firearms got lost in a boating accident.:sad:
Also how the Katrina victims who were wrongfully separated from their firearms never got their firearms back. Gov. Probably made a lot of money, literally STEALING them right when citizens needed them most. Still Makes me sick.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Nice! Every time I think maybe I have "too" many i think of a guy I know that every time I said I was thinking of buying a certain gun he would say "Oh yeah I have one of those". Finally after a few times of this happening I said, "How many guns do you own? He said "Oh, I don't know, maybe 80 some?"

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Y'all are awful. She's 82 and not in the best health anyway.

On another note, I'm selling my xd40 and buying either a Glock 22 or 31.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts