Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew everyone said that Blazer Brass was a dirty round, but I have never seen my XD so dirty! I also noticed when I was actually shooting the dirt shooting out! I was like holy crap thats some nasty stuff, but boy it does shoot nice and fits the wallet better than anything else out there! :p

·
Registered
441 Posts
I've always found wwb to be dirtier than bb. But I have never found a clean ammunition.

BK

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
I shoot WWB all the time in both the 9mm and the 40 S&W -- I buy both at Wal-Mart. I have not seen "excessive" dirtiness after shooting each gun, and I clean within a day after I shoot about 100 rounds at the range. How many rounds did you shoot, btiremank?

·
Registered
441 Posts
I shoot WWB all the time in both the 9mm and the 40 S&W -- I buy both at Wal-Mart. I have not seen "excessive" dirtiness after shooting each gun, and I clean within a day after I shoot about 100 rounds at the range. How many rounds did you shoot, btiremank?

I've shot thousands of each BB and WWB. The difference is minor between the two. How much BB have you shot, becket?

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Haven't noticed the BB being dirty but does smoke up the muzzle of my 9sc. Minor issue since it gets cleaned after every trip to the range and the smoke residue comes right off; until the next time.

·
Registered
185 Posts
One thing about shooting dirty ammo is after shooting it will make you come home and clean your gun. Just like we are supposed to.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One thing about shooting dirty ammo is after shooting it will make you come home and clean your gun. Just like we are supposed to.
so true! Nothin like that feeling when you're all done cleaning and it's all prettied up! I love it!

There was a post about BB somewhere else talking about how they looked and you can definitely tell why they are so inexpensive.. I think at least. But it shoots great!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haven't noticed the BB being dirty but does smoke up the muzzle of my 9sc. Minor issue since it gets cleaned after every trip to the range and the smoke residue comes right off; until the next time.
Yeah that was one of the big things. Granted I haven't ever really shot 200 rounds in one sitting, but it just seemed to build up quickly, but nothing a good ol' scrubbin can't fix!

·
Registered
855 Posts
I've been getting Blazer Brass .40 from Wal-Mart for $12.47 per box (50 rounds) lately. Even just handling the stuff makes my fingers black. 9mm in the same ammo is $8.97 per box, but with WWB 100-round value packs (in 9mm) just a buck more per 50 rounds I'd rather shoot the ammo in my 9mm's that doesn't make a big mess.

Oh, and I clean my handguns after every range visit, so the mess it makes on the inside of the gun is not much of an issue. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
I'd agree. Both are cleaner than the Bullseye and Precision reloads I shoot. The good news is, I shoot an XD. It really doesn't care.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts