Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I and a couple of friends went the banquet thing for our shooting league last night. The league was only 6 weeks at a time so I was surprised at some of the gifts (permit to carry classes, guns, etc.). Well they raffled off the guns first and some guy won a Smith and Wesson 22a. And then they brought out the next gun, an all black Springfield XD Service 9mm. They called off the name and I started clapping, and my wife nudged me and said "Honey, go get your gun" I couldn't believe it! So, yeah, that's my awesome story. I've never won anything so this is quite a joy and a surprise. I have a brand new XD sitting at home right now begging to be shot.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Wow! Talk about luck, you really have gotten something very, very special -- my husband and I just purchased this handgun and took it to the shooting range last night and shot about 100 rounds - it was very easy for me to grip and shoot, as well as being easy to shoot accurately. Why don't you let your wife practice with it? She'll love it! Again, congratulations!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! Talk about luck, you really have gotten something very, very special -- my husband and I just purchased this handgun and took it to the shooting range last night and shot about 100 rounds - it was very easy for me to grip and shoot, as well as being easy to shoot accurately. Why don't you let your wife practice with it? She'll love it! Again, congratulations!
Thanks everyone! I'm very excited. And my wife already has her own 9mm SC :p

·
Registered
337 Posts
"Honey go get your gun" words that keep the marriage fire bright! ;-)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Why is it always some other lucky jacka$$ and never me!!! ;)

Seriously...CONGRATS!! That is just an awesome win. Now get out there and break it in!!!

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Sure, the free XD9 is a nice free gift and all BUT the thing I will congratulate you on is the fact that your wife participates in shooting with you. That is the real win.

Congrats on both...

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Congrats! Very cool.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
sure, the free xd9 is a nice free gift and all but the thing i will congratulate you on is the fact that your wife participates in shooting with you. That is the real win.

Congrats on both...

+10000000000000000000000

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
Awesome!

Congratulations.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Congratulations! Feels awesome, don't it? Welcome to the elite club of XD winners. I know there's a lot of noobs around here, but I actually won a 9mm tactical from this very board years ago (don't let the low post count fool you, this is the 2.0 version of my screenname ;) )

1 - 20 of 27 Posts