Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, while perusing e-bay, I noticed some Dom Hume XD holsters that resembled the famed Yaqui Slide. The price was low, so I ordered one.

Well, this is not a good holster at all. While it is comfortable to wear, the leather is really stiff and it is hard to draw the pistol fast. I also noticed that one saturday of wearing it while riding on the tractor and it looked awful. I guess I should not expect much for 30 bucks.

Anyone know of a way to soften the leather and make the gun to holster fit not so tight and hard to draw? Are all of the "lower end" leather holsters like this? Its a comfortable holster to wear, but the finish quality and stiffness is really disappointing.

Its so stiff and tight that there is no way I could use it for IDPA or any type of shooting where I would have to clear the holster really fast.

Thanks,

- Brickboy240

PS - Next time, I will spend the money and order an El Paso Saddlery holster...they have spoiled me to high quality holsters...sad but true!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Saddle Soap should soften it up somewhat.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hume holsters are ALWAYS notoriously tight. Hell the first one I got I couldnt get my gun out of it for days.......:D
Saddle soap is questionable....good for cleaning a filthy holster but you dont want to soften it much if at all.....
Wrap you gun in waxed paper. Wax side out and stuff it in your holster, leave it there for a couple of hrs......this will very slightly stretch the holster out and coat the inside with a little wax here and there. It should help enough to make it work as it should.
Shoot well.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
Try Ross Leather next time for a belt slide.

They are an inexpensive holster, but a good
one.

I believe that most holsters are made in El Paso
by the same bunch of southernors coming back and
forth across the border each day.

No suggestions on the tight fit. The wax paper
idea sounds plausible.

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts