Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you recommend as being the most comfortable IWB holster for sitting all day long? I have a desk job and wear casual clothes that do not need to be tucked in, but I sit at my desk for about 9-11hrs a day. What holster do you think would be best for my situation?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I really like the Intimidator from Protech Outdoors.

http://www.protechoutdoors.com

I also got a Destantis but I like to Protech much more. Its nylon on the outside, and inside its a soft material to avoid scratching. It also allows you to carry an extra mag.

I think it will work for you sitting down a lot since its a soft, plyable material.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tucker's Heritage IWB....a little tough reholstering though, but comfortable for my XD Service!

·
Registered
2 Posts
comp-tac c-tac, I had a shirt tucker for both my xd 40 and a 5" Kimber Custom. The Kimber was too heavy for the shirt tucker so I sent it back to be changed to the c-tac. I'm going to send the xd shirt tucker back for the same change. The shirt tucker works fine for the xd but the chance to adjust the rake and height with the c-tac make me want to make the change. By the way, Comp-tac's service has been exceptional and I can't fathom purchasing a kydex holster from anyone else.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd add the Milt Sparks VM-2 (leather) and the Ky-Tac Bravehart (Kydex) to the list. Both are incredibly comfortable for IWB holsters.

--Leibster

·
Registered
91 Posts
Comp-tac C-TAC gets my vote. I recently ordered this holster from comp-tac and received it two days later! I love it. It is my first 'real' IWB holster, but I have carried guns in my waistband tucked into those crappy $5 holsters you can pick up at gun shows. What a huge difference. I can carry my service .40 for hours in the c-tac without discomfort, and it distributes the weight across the waistband much better. The Kydex is surprisingly comfortable (I thought I wouldn't like it) and makes drawing and reholstering a snap. The fit around the gun is perfect.

I've never seen a Tucker Answer, but if it is more comfortable than the c-tac, it must feel like you aren't carrying at all. I honestly can't see how the 'answer' can be worth 50 more dollars. I love the c-tac.

Just one guy's opinion.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just recently got a Comp-tac Ghurka and Im extremely happy with it, I have a little extra fat on my sides and it still fits me confortably for long periods of time.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
i've already told you racin... if you come to one of our XD meets (this weekend) i will let you use mine. and if i like you enough i can get you one at about half price :wink: .

·
Registered
181 Posts
icwtumn said:
I've never seen a Tucker Answer, but if it is more comfortable than the c-tac, it must feel like you aren't carrying at all. I honestly can't see how the 'answer' can be worth 50 more dollars. I love the c-tac.
CompTac makes the kydex parts for the Tucker Answer.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
Tango Sierra said:
icwtumn said:
CompTac makes the kydex parts for the Tucker Answer.

I honestly can't see how the 'answer' can be worth 50 more dollars. I love the c-tac
Depends on you. Can you handle plastic against your skin all day? Or would you be more comfortable with leather. Having a tucked in t-shirt can make one hell of a difference as well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts