Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9-12-11
Need for IDPA matches a black Kydex or Leather OWB Open Top, no thumb break, passive retention, to fit 1.5" belt [paddle is 2nd choice], HOLSTER that does NOT allow the 5.25" barrel to protrude from holster bottom. Also, do NOT want pistol to jiggle around in holster, like with some available now for XDM 4.5" barrel.

I have contacted and received a reply that NONE are available now from: Blackhawk, Blade-Tech, Safariland, Brownells, Midway, Cheaper Than Dirt, etc. Also Springfield said none available NOW that they are aware of. Frustrating!

Would APPRECIATE any suggestions for OWB holster-- not IWB.

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
I suggest you ask and/or read about this at - Springfield (XD) - Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo! if you want a fast response.

They're competition crazy for the 5.25 there ... And you can read about what Rob Latham is doing with the 5.25

Trigger work, barrel changes, frame tightening, etcetera.

FWIW,
There is a holster available, but I can't remember who makes it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm sure you've thought about this but I would just use the one that came with the XDM until Blade-Tech or Comp-Tac start making them. It's fine for IDPA. I used mine for a few matches after I bought my XDM and if I buy a 5.25 in 45 I'm sure I'll use it again.

If you don't want to do that then maybe try Safariland. I think Rob Leatham is wearing a Safariland holster in the videos where he's shooting his 5.25.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a BladeTech holster meant for a standard XDm that has an open bottom that works pretty well. Barrel sticks out just a little but it's worked fine.

·
Banned
82 Posts
FYI, Both Springer Precision and Canyon Creek advised that any of the XDM 4.5 Bladetech holsters will work with the 5.25. This is also noted on the Brian Enos forums.
OK but my question is then why when I call them do they tell me they do not have a holster yet in the DOH ICE line? They show one for the 9/40 4.5 but I would think with all of the inquires they have gotten they would tell folks it fits.
I am one that is waiting for certain confirmation from them that its the correct one or offer a correct one. In my neck of the woods match season is winding down so I can wait a few months. But I like the DOH for my Tactical and wont accept anything else.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
looked at Versacarry and would avoid due to no trigger guard.
but check Nano IWB and looks really worth trying.
They list for XD up to 5"
I called the company and they do have for the XDM competition.
just select XD 5" when ordering and in the box for comments add that you want for the XDM competition 5.25" barrel
Hope this helps.
:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
my xdm 5.25 rides in a safariland holster on a double alpha belt with cr speed mags and works great---.85 draw from the buzzer on 1st target.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the DAA PDR holster and the Comptac International. For me, whether I like a holster or not comes down to how prone it is to hanging up if I don't pull the gun at the perfect angle...which happens sometimes when moving as fast as possible on a draw.

On the DAA holster, the 5.25" XDM does hang out the bottom of the holster. I did have to open it up some (heat gun along the top seam and then spread it out.) It did take some time for the leather liner to break in. As adjusted, it works real good.

As for the Comp-Tac, as delivered it was so tight that I couldn't get the gun out, so I opened it up some same way I did on my DAA holster. Then I noticed the top part on one side was rubbing alot on the top of the slide so I used a file and ground it down some. As adjusted, on a really fast draw, if I get a little sloppy I almost rip my belt off. Hard to explain, but I can grab the holster and wiggle it in and out - it's like the dropped offset connector is flimsy - and so when I pull on any angle other than straight up the dropped offset connector gives which causes the gun to not come out. I would imagine I could get used to that (noticed a similar thing when I was using a Blade-Tech with a Glock,) but there's not point in that when the gun comes right out of the DAA holster every time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts