Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a CCW carry holster but I am a big guy, about 280lbs 5'10". Is there a good solution for guys like me? BTW, my current weapon is a XD .45ACP 4" model but I will probably be getting something smaller in the future.

Thanks for any help

James

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Take a look at our site Leather Holsters for Springfield XD, Glock, 1911, M&P, Beretta, Ruger, Sig, Taurus, Kahr,We are a sponsor here and make a very comfortable.Our holsters feature a fully adjustable cant. making it very comfortable to wear.
I myself am 6-3 and 250lbs. so probably not a small guy,and wear one of our holsters and one of our belts daily. If you purchase a holster and it does not work out for you simply send it back.It would just cost you the shipping about $5.00. We dont get many back and we do stock that holster..
Thank you
Larry

·
Registered
430 Posts
I cant attest to the quality and comfort of the C-Tac as well... I EDC the .45 Service in my C-Tac and its great for me 6'2 280lbs usually around 3 O'clock for me works best and it dissapears under a t-shirt

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
SuperTuck, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
I am 5' 10" and I got my supertuck when my weight was 317 pounds and was very happy with the fit and function. I have lost some weight and am now 220 pounds. The supertuck still fits me very well and I carry 4 times a week.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Supertuck or MTAC. I've had both and they're both great.
I did like the Supertuck a little better though.
FWIW, I'm 6' 240# and both an xd40sc and xd45c virtually disappear in jeans and a T-shirt

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
While yall are it, please recommned any OWB holsters as well..:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
4,154 Posts
I'm 6'4 and about 280 too. I find that a Galco Concealable works well for me under a nice big comfortable button up shirt, or a coat.

Also, the Maxpedition Jumbo Versapak is great for holding a gun, ammo, and just about anything else you'd need to stash.

- Ryan

·
Registered
81 Posts
To bring this topic back:
can any one post pics of there position if they have some extra pounds? I'm currently 6'0 270lbs. I dont have that big of an extra tire but I do have a some. I just want to get something thats not going to print as much. Thats my biggest worry.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've got a SuperTuck for my XD40SC. I'm a big guy as well (5'10" 315) but it works. Although it will work much better once I drop some weight.

·
Registered
609 Posts
i am about 5 10 and weigh 220 and i own a super tuck. the thing makes my xd 45 compact disappear and it does not print at all, i can bend turn my body side to side and nothing shows, to everyone else i am just a normal guy that does not have anything under his shirt.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Have you considered the Smartcarry? Mine rides right under my spare tire and works really well. For an IWB I love the Mitch Rosen ARG, but I've ordered one of the Tennessee Holsters IWB's for my XD9 Service and can't wait to try it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts