Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any reason an XDM 3.8 wouldn't ride just fine in a holster for the XDM 4.5?

It seems like the 4.5 couldn't ride in a 3.8 holster because it's too long of course and wouldn't seat properly. But if you put a 3.8 into a 4.5 holster wouldn't it do fine and just have some open air space between the muzzle and the bottom of the holster?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
If it is an open bottom holster such as a Crossbreed any XDm should fit, but if it is a closed bottom like my Raven Phantom the 3.8 will work in a 4.5 holster with some space at the bottom. Most kydex holsters have retention on the trigger guard and ejection port. In fact my XDs will fit secure enough for me to carry it in my Raven Phantom that is made for my XDsc. The guns are almost identical in length but the XDs is of course much narrower.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my thought, that retention would be in the area common to all of the models. That would allow one 4.5 holster to work for both 4.5 and 3.8 where a holster for the 3.8 wouldn't accept the 4.5, unless it was open bottom of course.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
i have a 4.5 holster i carry my 3.8 in, there is no problem at all.

i have a CBST for when ill be wearing for longer periods of time, but say i am just running to the gas station or whatever, i have a single clip blackhawk CQC ill slide it into, and i can get it on and off without undoing my belt. the leather sticks down a little farther at the end, obviously, but it flexes some as there is nothing inside it, and retention is still perfect, and everything that should be covered is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts