Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had my XDm 3.8 Compact in 45acp for years. I have carried many brands and calibers over the years. The XDm almost always was not a daily carry because I struggled to find a IWB holster I liked. All the decent ones I found were listed for only 9 and 40.
I ended up with a Ted Cori kydex. Good holster but it moves around a lot with that heavy gun. I love my Galco King Tuk, but not made for the 45. What do you use IWB?

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
Get a 2 clip setup instead of one. I use a full kydex that is thicker than most others. Www.multiholsters.com. And get the speed clips to go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
818 Posts
I use the alien gear holster as well, conceals great, is comfortable, doesnt move around at all. I dont tuck my shirts in, so I cant comment on how that works, but with just a t shirt its concealed very well, even with the 13rd mag

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you just buy the Alien Gear holster for XDm 3.8 Compact? Will it fit 9, 40, and 45?
They only list the one. BTW, anybody using the Cloak 3.5?

·
Registered
492 Posts
I use the same one for both the 9mm and .45.

The 3.5 is the same setup shell wise as the 3.0. The difference is that the belt clips are no longer attached by screws. I prefer the 3.0... my wife prefers the 3.5.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I bought the shape shift pack, I only own the 3.8c .45, so I can't comment on if the 9 and 40 will fit or not.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Have had my XDm 3.8 Compact in 45acp for years. I have carried many brands and calibers over the years. The XDm almost always was not a daily carry because I struggled to find a IWB holster I liked. All the decent ones I found were listed for only 9 and 40.
I ended up with a Ted Cori kydex. Good holster but it moves around a lot with that heavy gun. I love my Galco King Tuk, but not made for the 45. What do you use IWB?

#1 in Horsehide Leather Gun Holsters - KRAMER®

Don

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone using N82? They make a 2 clip version now. Again, with my build IWB works best. So tired of filling that box with unused holsters.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have 5 Springfield handguns: 3 with Crimsontrace lasers (XDM 5.25 40, XDM 3.8 45acp and XDM 4.5 10mm), 1 with a Viridian laser (XD-E 3.3 9mm) and XDM OSP 4.5 9mm with Vortex Venom rmr. Each one of them, I have opted for Hidden Hybrid iwb holsters and could not be more pleased. The holsters fit each gun like a perfectly tailored glove. They're pretty pricey, but i think they're very well worth the price. Even with the full sized guns, they carry way more comfortably than i would have expected. I'll get my holsters from Hidden Hybrid anytime I need one, unless they give me a reason not to.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Do you just buy the Alien Gear holster for XDm 3.8 Compact? Will it fit 9, 40, and 45?
They only list the one. BTW, anybody using the Cloak 3.5?

I have the Alien gear Shape Shift kit. It comes with all the shells OWB, IWB etc. I use IWB for XDm 3.8 .40 and ordered the extra shell for the XD Mod2 service 9MM. to switch back and forth to the IWB easy. Additionally I order the Cloak Dock IWB Holster Mount Cloak Dock for Alien Gear IWB Holsters | Alien Gear Holsters . So the two other Alien IWB I have 2.0 and 3.0 I have mounted in secret places. So I keep my old 2.0 and 3.0 ready. When I take my pistol out of wearing/carry all day I have a place to place my pistol for the ready. If that makes sense?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a Panther Concealment for my 4.5 10mm, actually two; IWB and OWB, plus several others (9 total) for other pistols.

Their IWB’s definitely stay put!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just got a dual clip iwb Protos-m with the dry matrix backer for my XDm 3.8 9mm. So far it’s been worth every penny. Comfortable all day, stays put and doesn’t imprint with a t shirt untucked. I rarely tuck my shirt so I can’t say it wouldn’t print a bit with a full size frame but with a compact or sub compact it would be undetectable. Lots of color choices, clip styles and good customer service.
I am gonna give this one a solid month of everyday wear but am already looking at getting another for my compact.

·
Registered
18 Posts
29639158-BA68-4E2A-B95C-9CC6CFBC9D07.jpeg

you can always go to your local ranch supply bags of scrap leather are around 5 bucks. With a punch and a hand awl you would be surprised. Isn’t iwb but can carry this one straight behind back, strong side, or cross draw it tuck the grip tight crossdraw or strong side. Behind the back is more for property work running a saw etc.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
View attachment 774513
you can always go to your local ranch supply bags of scrap leather are around 5 bucks. With a punch and a hand awl you would be surprised. Isn’t iwb but can carry this one straight behind back, strong side, or cross draw it tuck the grip tight crossdraw or strong side. Behind the back is more for property work running a saw etc.
Do you have to ask the bad guy “hang on a sec while I unhook this strap”?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have to ask the bad guy “hang on a sec while I unhook this strap”?

You would be surprised how fast it all works. This is primarily my remote property rig and I could be on my bulldozer, running a chainsaw, or just picking huckleberries. I guess that all those old guys using military flap holsters over their 45’s never got a pistol drawn. Not being very big making my own holsters was born out of frustration trying to find a rig for my redhawk to carry into the Bob Marshall wilderness for a backpacking trip. Wound up making a holster that I can carry on a backpack shoulder strap, hip belt, or on my regular belt around camp. This (like most I’ve made) has an embossed suede lining that gets super slick as it’s broken in. Just because it’s homemade doesn’t mean inferior in any way. You might be able to draw faster-maybe- but I’m absolutely sure when I reach for mine even if I’ve rolled down a hill it will be there. I have a pile of bought holsters for various pistols and revolvers they all collect dust. My around town rig doesn’t use a strap but haven’t made one of these for my xdm10 yet. This pic is one for a marine friend of mine that carries a kimber. I live in an open carry state so concealed carry doesn’t matter as much. That’s just a standard 45acp for forming but this holster carries tight. Bought does not mean better and I’m telling you leather always smells better than plastic.
22C45F17-6747-453C-BC2D-A60016AC8C32.jpeg

1 - 20 of 29 Posts