Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The holster that came in my box cants the top away from my body with the muzzle being closer. No way to carry concealed with it. Is it just me or has someone else found this to be so.
Bud

·
Registered
109 Posts
Check your belt. You should be using a "real" gun belt, and it should be wide enough to where it fills the loop on the back of the holster.

A thinner gun belt, or a regular floppy belt, will not secure that (or any) holster as well as it should.

You can sort of get away with a regular belt with some IWB holsters because being inside your pants, you get more support for the holster than just the belt.
But still, a proper width gun belt is always the "other half" of a good holster.

·
Registered
183 Posts
OP is correct about the holster. The one that comes with it is ok for covering the trigger...not very good for carrying. I recommend Kholster or any of the other IWB holsters of the type.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I love my crossbreed super tuck with my xd9sc

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
The holster that comes with the package is a good range piece but not what I would try to conceal day to day. Crossbreed is an awesome option.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
The paddle version that I have holds my XD9SC tight against my body. Check your belt. The beltslide version isn't as tight.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
I have never worn the CBST but the look of it seems to be huge and bulky. But lots of people just love it, so can't knock it at all!

Can contest and like the High Noon: Down Under Down Under Clip Black

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Yea the stock one sucks. CBST for me as well. I also have a Blackhawk Serpa for the range.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm a leftie, so I was able to jury-rig the stock holster to be IWB while waiting for my CBST to arrive.

Basically, I used a Dremel tool to make a cut between the belt loop and the holster body at the base of the loop, right where the plastic parts mate. This way, I was able to place the (normally right-handed) holster inside the waistband of my left side, and loop the belt hook over the pants and outside the belt.

The disadvantage here is twofold: the holster is NOT a thin one, and you really have to dress around it if you're going to conceal it. And two, the angles are sharp on the outside, so my hip had some nice indentations after carrying for extended periods. The upshot: Uncomfortable? A little. Better than stock? Hell yes.

It should be noted that I haven't used this setup since my CBST came in... I love my SuperTuck.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Its all in the belt! I got a crossbreed supertuck and a snapslide. I can carry the snapslide in summer clothes. Though it does print when bending over bit I don't worry about that anymore. Im comfy with CCW.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
It's a basic start out holster, it's good enough to carry at the range. I don't use it to carry either in my case it was also canting too much (I know, better belt) and I like one with a retention system a la Serpa better.

I guess start out with it and figure out what you do and don't like about it and take it from there is the way to look at it. And then work your way towards the holster that is perfect for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts