Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start off, I usually carry a colt defender inside the waste band with a crossbreed super tuck holster. I am wanting to try carrying the 19x appendix position but not sure if I will be able to. I am looking for some holster advice because appendix carry is new to me. I have looked online and there are so many companies making kydex holsters today and I just do not have any experience with strait kydex at the moment.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I came across the current holsters that I use for appendix and 4 o’clock carry on both my Glock 45 w/TLR-7 and Glock 26 w/TLR-6 on eBay just goofing off one night. They are made by Davis Tactical and offer great retention with easy adjustments. I have no issues with comfort wearing mine on average about 15+ hours every day. Probably not the “best of the best” by other’s standards but I like them a lot and they’re not bad on pricing either.

Here’s my G45 w/TLR-7, low sweat shield, and wing:

The one for my G26 w/TLR-6 is nearly identical but minus the wing:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a C&G made holster for temporary to carry for the time being. It is made very similar to the pictures of yours, just gun only. I am having a hard time adjusting to appendix carry and I am playing around with different positions. I have noticed that mine likes to tilt some when carrying at 5 a clock position.

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
I’ve bought lots of holsters and I think Tucker Gunleather makes the best holsters out there.

And I have a 19x that I’m very fond of and I can’t imagine trying to appendix carry it, I’ve carried 19’s in an IWB at 3:30 though and it works great. Good luck

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
A good belt is also a priority for AIWB. (Or any carry really)

You don't want any rolling or stretching.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use a crossbreed founders series gun belt every day. The belt does make a big difference in carrying a firearm in general.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts