Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be getting a 92x later this week ($200 off at Bass Pro with free shipping). I am looking for a holster recommendation. As of now, I am between Crossbreed and Alien Gear. I have a Crossbreed for my XDSC and have been happy with it, but I have heard good things about Alien Gear, as well. Does anyone have experience with either, or something else they would recommend?
TIA

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I ended up ordering from JM Custom Kydex. It’s supposed to arrive soon and I will update

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Alien Gear or Black Arch are two good brands. However carrying a full-size pistol IWB is never comfortable for me. I OWB pistols that size.

I used aBianchi UM84 Universal Military Holster for a Model 92 Compact in the military. It is a fine OWB holster.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alien Gear or Black Arch are two good brands. However carrying a full-size pistol IWB is never comfortable for me. I OWB pistols that size.

I used aBianchi UM84 Universal Military Holster for a Model 92 Compact in the military. It is a fine OWB holster.
Thank you for the recommendation. I checked Alien Gear and they didn’t have one for the 92x.
I will likely carry it more in the colder seasons when it will be easier to conceal with heavier clothing. I could see an OWB in my future at some point also.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Not a fan of cross bread. Tried a few and they are noisy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my JM Custom yesterday. This is my first from there and I am impressed so far. Very good fit and finish and excellent retention. It carries the 92 easily, but I still see myself carrying it more with heavier clothing for better concealment. I would recommend to anyone looking.
I also discovered that a tee shirt between the pistol and the skin will be necessary, as the grip texture on the 92x will quickly irritate the skin.
I see an OWB in the future. Like most, my holster collection is rather extensive. One for every season :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts