Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'll try and make this brief but I may get a little long winded so I will post the basic question somewhat first. I've been looking into holsters for about the last 6 months since I first purchased my XD9sc and recently have decided to start carrying it on a regular basis (more on that later)

I currently have a cheap Uncle Mikes that I got for free and have been wearing it around the house to get used to having the firearm on me.

I have noticed though that with my frame in order to get it to not print as much as I personally would like and for comfort at 4:00 I have to angle it forward so the grip is almost flat with my body.

When I look at it in the mirror it appears the top of the slide is almost a 45 degree angle with my belt line. I'm sure it isn't this much but that is what it looks like.

Anyway does the CBST or QuikClip have a cant like this? looking at the pictures on their site it doesn't appear to. I have tried on the Galco KingTuk in store with one of the stores XD9sc and it also seemed a bit more vertical than I would like. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this correctly or not.

A little family owned ice cream store about a block from my house (via walking/bike trails) was broken into the other night and ransacked. I don't live in a bad area of town but this made me start thinking twice about my coming home late some nights from work or the two block walk to the gas station up the street. I have never been worried before but I'm starting to be a bit more aware about the goings on in my neighborhood.

I do have a friend who lives in a seedier area of town but I always have my 9sc in my car there and bring it into his house as well (he doesn't mind since he has a XD45c and we took the CCW class together)

So as stated above my main point is the cant and concealment factor of a holster. I would love something easy to take on and off since I can't bring it with me while I am at work and that is why I was looking into the QwikClip but if I have to I will figure out a way for easy on/off wear regardless.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
The quick clip has come can't adjustment, but in my opinion really doesn't have great support.

I carry a .45 compact tactical in a supertuck....at full forward can't.....and it works very nicely.

If you are like 98% percent of supertuck buyers you will find it very comfy and supportive......

Ill try and post a few pics of mine....standby

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Attached is a picture of what the Uncle Mikes looks like in a comfortable position and with the grip fairly flat to my side/back.

I know the clip obviously won't hold well enough if I were to use this for actual carry like this since there is only a small edge of it hooked under the bottom edge of the belt but this is just for reference.

This is in approximately the 4:00 position. Lol it's a little tough to take a close up picture or your back with a cell phone and just guesstimating if you have the shot in frame or not. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Here is mine in mid cant....could be canted more forward and I'm also sitting down in this pic

And here is a pic of how it is now, I could cant it forward one hole more on each side. If you draw a line across the top of both clips, that would be your belt line.....looks to be about a 35 degree angle from the slide with room to to go to 40/45ish.....

Send en email or pm to crossbreed, they should be able to tell you the angle of full forward cant.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Messing with it a bit more I can actually raise the rear sight up about a half inch from the angle it is sitting at in the picture above and it doesn't seem to bad.

feels a bit more like what I assume you have pictured.

Not sure if this will help anyone for reference but standing straight up and feeling behind me without twisting, the tip of the pearce grip extension seems to be right dead center off my spine at a comfortable angle.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I'm going to be a little blunt here....

Buy the crossbreed and try it for 2 weeks if you don't like it, return it and start your search over.

I will bet the cost of return shipping you don't return it after 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Our holsters have a fully adjustable cant..They are very comfortable,easy off and easy on,but it will hold your weapon very secure..

·
Registered
4 Posts
9-12-11
Can anybody suggest an OWB holster [leather or kydex] open top, NO thumb break for my new XDM Competition 5.25" barrel 9mm? I will use it for IDPA and want the muzzle covered. I want one where the pistol does not jiggle inside and where the barrel does NOT extend below the bottom of the holster?? I have contacted 8 holster manufacturers/dealers and Springfield directly and they all say NONE are available now, including Blackhawk, Blade-Tech, Safariland, Midway, Cheaper Than Dirt, Brownells, etc. I even sent an email to Rob Leatham for suggestions, but have not heard back yet. HELP!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts