1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
holster wear gives the gun character

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'll reference (and thoroughly paraphrase) a quote I see often on gun sites: "Are you more worried about the guy with a shiny, umblemished gun? Or the guy toting a holster-worn workhorse that obviously has seen things?"

Part of the reason I chose parkerized instead of stainless on my Kimber is that over time, it will get that "experienced" look. No safe queens here.

However, I won't hold it against anyone for keeping their car nicely washed, or their gun scratch-free. Just a matter of taste.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
how would you go about repairing holster scratches on the slide...???
thanks, pete
Not to worry about them.. Holster wear will occur no matter what. Just keep your pistol clean, lubed and wiped down..

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
Plastic holsters scratch guns more than leather. Try wiping it out at least now and then. The best repair is to refinish it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you refinish your gun get a new lined holster from High Noon Holsters.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
I'll reference (and thoroughly paraphrase) a quote I see often on gun sites: "Are you more worried about the guy with a shiny, umblemished gun? Or the guy toting a holster-worn workhorse that obviously has seen things?"

Usually the one with the safe queen That has never been cleaned.

I'm afraid they will miss the BG and hit me!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
38,920 Posts
Plastic holsters scratch guns more than leather. Try wiping it out at least now and then. The best repair is to refinish it.
Very true, unless you get dirt embedded into the leather.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Usually the one with the safe queen That has never been cleaned.

I'm afraid they will miss the BG and hit me!

or that they'll accidentally shoot it before they want to

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
If your carry weapon doesn't have holster wear, you ain't practicing enough! It's called character. I would never NOT buy a weapon with holster wear.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I have a five-step process. Here it is:1. Locate a driveway or road covered in white rock. DO NOT use a gravel road! This is important. Make sure the rock is approximately 3/4" - 1" in diamater with sharp corners and edges.2. Ensure that your gun is unloaded.3. Throw the gun down on the rock road and step on it - be sure to make a twisting motion with your foot. Do this on both sides of the gun.4. Retrieve the weapon from the roadbed, load it and fire at least 200 rounds (You may need to brush off a few rock particles first).5. Return home and wipe the rock dust/residue off of the gun with an old towel. DO NOT use a new towel. You may stain or damage the towel. This will definitely upset your significant other.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I have a five-step process. Here it is:1. Locate a driveway or road covered in white rock. DO NOT use a gravel road! This is important. Make sure the rock is approximately 3/4" - 1" in diamater with sharp corners and edges.2. Ensure that your gun is unloaded.3. Throw the gun down on the rock road and step on it - be sure to make a twisting motion with your foot. Do this on both sides of the gun.4. Retrieve the weapon from the roadbed, load it and fire at least 200 rounds (You may need to brush off a few rock particles first).5. Return home and wipe the rock dust/residue off of the gun with an old towel. DO NOT use a new towel. You may stain or damage the towel. This will definitely upset your significant other.
Mudinyeri, always has the right answer.......you will never notice holster scratches if you follow the above

·
Registered
538 Posts
So you only buy used guns?
I read it as he wouldn't pass on a pistol he was considering due only to the fact that it had holster wear.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Mudinyeri, always has the right answer.......you will never notice holster scratches if you follow the above
I also tried this same procedure, with a slight modification, with my new Mossy 590A1. It works! :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts