Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a holster question, I did use the search feature and review a few of the past holster threads and they didn't quite answer my question. Right now I'm using the Holster that came with the XD, my problems with it, it seems to leave quite a bit of the gun exposed and even with my belt as tight as it will go it still feels like it's hanging off me like it's not carrying the weight of the pistol very well and my waist is screaming to loosen the belt up. What I’m looking for is a nice plastic/composite holster that carries the weight of the gun but also does a good job of concealing it and of course it has to be comfortable. The other Holster I’m interested in would be a shoulder holster but I've yet to find any good ones on the net. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Out side the waist band or inside? For outside I like the don hume jit or Agent. IWB you can use something like the super tuck, etc..

·
Registered
512 Posts
If you're looking for IWB, I recommend the IWB from Tennessee Holsters (board sponsor), they are absolutely awesome. For OWB, the sky is the limit. I'm not a big Kydex fan, myself...I prefer good old fashioned leather. There's a sticky on holster companies in one of the sections here...I just don't remember where.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never tried an IWB, can you carry the Standard 4" XD with a IWB? Seems like it would be awfully big. I was thinking about going with an OWB Holster, I really do like the leather holsters but i'm open to most suggestions I just want something that distributes the weight and carries the firearm comfortably. I do have a $50-75 dollar spending limit at this point in time so i'm hoping that's enough to get a good holster.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
A 4in service is not a hard weapon to conceal for most people(including Joe the plumber).We do sell a lot of Leather holsters for that XD.If you would like to try one out and it works for you go ahead and keep it,on the other hand if you feel it is not for you send it on back.But as we don't get many back, we want you to be %100 happy with our product.

Thank You
Larry

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey guys I have a holster question, I did use the search feature and review a few of the past holster threads and they didn't quite answer my question. Right now I'm using the Holster that came with the XD, my problems with it, it seems to leave quite a bit of the gun exposed and even with my belt as tight as it will go it still feels like it's hanging off me like it's not carrying the weight of the pistol very well and my waist is screaming to loosen the belt up. What I’m looking for is a nice plastic/composite holster that carries the weight of the gun but also does a good job of concealing it and of course it has to be comfortable. The other Holster I’m interested in would be a shoulder holster but I've yet to find any good ones on the net. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
I went through the exact same problems you mentioned and I searched for a holster that held the pistol closer to my body and was light with good retension.After trying many I found the Galco Matrix 7X ,model M7X446 for the XD's.Excellent close to the body,composite holster with good retension and a good price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Your belt is also a factor. If you are using a thinner dress belt, it will not support your holster well, and you should consider purchasing a proper gun belt also. Unfortunately, a good gun belt will about double your expense, exceeding your budget. Still...

Sheff

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I've never tried an IWB, can you carry the Standard 4" XD with a IWB? Seems like it would be awfully big. I was thinking about going with an OWB Holster, I really do like the leather holsters but i'm open to most suggestions I just want something that distributes the weight and carries the firearm comfortably. I do have a $50-75 dollar spending limit at this point in time so i'm hoping that's enough to get a good holster.
I carry a XD .40 4" or a 9mm 5" IWB and to me the 5" seems to be a bit more comfortable. Now that winter is here I'm going to start carrying OWB whenever it's cold enough.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The reason it feels that way is do to the large belt opening on the holster, it does allow the factory holster to hang away from the body. Most good holsters use the loop and the back of the holster to provide the support needed.

There are several plastic holsters out there. As for me, I am not a fan, don't like the plastic rub that I know takes place. I am a leather fan. Every holster, except for my smartcarry, is leather. Leather holds up very well and looks better with use. Maybe it's the old ways in me...but I think a weapon is designed to be carried in leather.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a brand new Don Hume H719 First Agent Holster...great OWB holster here are the specs.....
"Designed for automatics and revolvers, the Don Hume H710 belt holster has double stitched sew lines and open belt slots in the front and back. The belt slot configuration has the H710 riding high and close to the body, making it very concealable. The holster is made for belts up to 1 3/4".

$25 delivered
I take PP (+4%) or MO

·
Registered
3,536 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow alot of responses, thanks for all the info guys, i'm going to read through and do a little reading up on the various recommendations before I end up buying one :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts